Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Product Manager will help shape and develop the product and engineering requirements for the Affiliate Team at Time Inc. This position spans all brands, reaching 135 million users a month and will incorporate both front end (UX) experiences as well as data integration requirements. Reporting to the VP, Affiliate Revenue & Strategy, this is a key role for an energetic, dynamic product manager who will drive the product vision and develop best-in-class user experiences across digital platforms.
- Develop, define and prioritize the product vision and strategy for the Affiliate team, from development of new products to enhancements of existing products across digital platforms
- Drive innovation through the product lines, particularly in commerce UX and in making the connection between affiliate revenue data and content
- Engage closely with engineering and business leaders across the company to define a roadmap that meets business and consumer needs, while meeting critical deadlines and budget constraints
- Work closely with editorial and audience development teams to define a cohesive product strategy
- Understand, manage and communicate prioritization of features, with a focus on user and business benefits and tradeoffs
- Provide clear vision and scope documentation: use cases, workflows, wire-frames, design requirements, product requirements and other materials as needed to support UX design and development
- Act as the consumer voice in all of our experiences
- Manage stakeholder communications to ensure business and editorial needs are met
- Track and analyze audience and engagement against industry benchmarks
- Proven: You have 6 or more years of experience leading the product direction of a major brand, with at least two years of Agile or Scrum and lean methodology experience, playing the role of backlog owner. You come armed with deep technical experience in software development, design, technical architecture and web programming, a record of launching digital products that drove audience, revenue or brand growth, and an enthusiasm for user-driven product experiences. You have a clear perspective on mobile consumption methods, user experiences, partners, platforms, content protection (DRM) and monetization systems.
- A leader of people: You don’t passively observe. You embed yourself into a team, leading not from an ivory tower, but with a contagious enthusiasm people can’t help but feel while working alongside you on a project. You’re a skilled communicator who is able to present big ideas to colleagues, bosses and senior leadership, able to navigate a massive organization with swiftness and grace.
- Strategy architect: You’re a doer/thinker hybrid – the kind of bright mind who can think through numbers and data to draw meaningful insights. You know how to break down the component parts of a big, elaborate idea to chart a clear course of action for a team. You have superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to deliver clear recommendations with grace and candor.
- Flexible: You have a flexible approach to teams and work. You understand how to keep a project moving when working with remote partners and team members across time zones.
- Fast, not loose: You move a million miles a minute – not because someone told you to – but because you don’t know how to work any other way. You’re prepared to juggle multiple responsibilities, deadlines and personalities in a fast-paced environment focused on quality, adapting swiftly to a changing landscape. Your track record of delivering key digital projects on time and in budget reflects this enthusiasm.
- A lifelong learner: You’re deeply interested in the digital product landscape. You’re a generalist at heart with broad exposure to a variety of user experience disciplines, like interaction design, usability engineering, research & analytics and visual design.