Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Entertainment Weekly’s Editor in Chief is looking for an editorial assistant to join our LA office. The ideal candidate should have 1-2 years of experience working in a professional environment. You come armed with administrative experience as well as experience working and writing for an editorial publication. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, positive attitude, utmost professionalism, and willingness to work as part of a team are required in order to be successful in this role. An avid interest in pop culture is also a must. This individual will work directly for the EIC, but will also collaborate with print and digital editors and writers on a daily basis.
- Manage the EIC’s calendar: Schedule internal and external meetings, events and other engagements, knowing when and who to prioritize and avoiding conflicts. You will also set up meetings/conference calls.
- Assist other executive editors when needed
- Book travel: flights, hotels, cars etc.
- File expenses monthly to ensure all bills are paid on time
- Answer phone calls in a courteous and informed manner and articulately communicate any messages to the EIC or caller
- Liaise with members of the team, offering general office and administrative support
- Process mail
- Pitch and write stories for both online and print
- Write daily news stories, recaps and report out longer features across all verticals of the magazine
- Attend and cover events for online and/or print
- Articulate: You’re able to communicate clearly with colleagues at all levels and feel comfortable interacting with both peers and senior staff.
- Organized and efficient: You’re always on top of things, whether it’s deadlines or meeting requests, nothing falls through the cracks. You multi-task like a pro and know how to prioritize.
- Collaborative and positive: You’re a team player, willing to pitch in wherever and whenever you can. You’re polite, friendly and positive — even when asked to do something that may not directly fall under your jurisdiction.
- Professional: This isn’t the first job you’ve held. As the gateway to the EIC, you should present a professional but approachable front. You’re also discrete and understand that you are often handling and entrusted with sensitive information, and manage that responsibility accordingly.
- Pop Culture Enthusiast: You watch more television and movies than anyone you know and can translate that passion into smart, funny and original content.