Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
Working alongside our Head of Digital Optimisation and our Ecommerce Analyst, you will drive incremental revenue for Time Inc. UK (TIUK) by delivering a first class converting experience across TIUK’s subscription websites.
- Build and deliver A/B and multi-variant tests to deliver conversion rate improvements, increase basket size, reduce bounce, increase logins etc, ensuring that all KPIs are accurately tracked and reported on.
- Owner of our Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager set up and implementation, ensuring accuracy of analytics data at all times.
- Work with our Ecommerce Analyst on delivery of suitable reports and dashboards.
- Responsibility for UX and customer journeys, ensuring sites are set up to deliver the best experience possible.
- Work with our Marketing teams to support conversion from marketing campaigns, seeking opportunities to improve relevant metrics where possible.
- Production of wireframes and mock-ups to support the optimisation roadmap, plus creation of final assets (supported by design resource as appropriate).
- Be the voice of the customer at every stage in the user journey.
- Ensure all available tools are utilized to their potential.
The role primarily exists on two sites - magazinesdirect.com for new customer acquisition and mymagazine.co.uk, for renewals and self-service, although other landing pages/conversion projects will crop up from time to time.
- Use a variety of tools at your disposal to help build the testing and site development roadmaps with data driven decision making and prioritisation by ROI in mind.
- Responsibility for our Google Analytics integration, ensuring accuracy at all times, plus making sure we have the depth of data required to maximise our learning from the data.
- What features or changes would improve the customer journey, deliver satisfaction and revenue uplift? Think big (e.g. checkout design, payment providers) and think small UX tweaks (messaging, help text) and always put the customer first.
- Take your ideas forward into the production of test specification documents, including wireframes for all tests.
- Support the set-up of tests/personalisation ensuring accuracy and appropriate QA processes are followed.
- This could be directly in the testing platform via in built editing tools, or via a dedicated developer for more complex tests. Either way, you’ll be in charge of ensuring the output is accurate and as per the brief created at the previous stage.
- Thoroughly QA all tests for accuracy, including in results/analytics.
- Constantly monitor ongoing tests making adjustments whilst remembering the importance of achieving statistical significance and validity of results.
- Write development briefs for new site features or to hard code test winners. Again, accuracy and a thorough QA process should be observed.
- Review site KPIs on a regular basis to help establish opportunities and prioritise initiatives according to return.
- Compile written reports on CRO tests and site improvements with detailed analysis of performance and recommendations for next steps
- Be the main UK point of contact for our Ecommerce Analyst. Ensure we are getting maximum value out of this resource by keeping them up to date with UK projects and working on reports/dashboards that always add insight and value.
- Ensure our sites are maintained to an exceptional standard with measures in place to flag and fix any bugs or errors ASAP.
- Be the conversion expert to support digital marketing campaigns, ensuring landing pages are best set up to deliver on the campaign targets. This might mean adjustments to the page templates or simply liaising with the marketing teams to ensure templates are populated in the most effective way.
- Play an active role in department initiatives, including new product launches. Offer guidance and best practice in how to test concepts quickly and accurately and contribute to all areas of these projects as required
- Build and maintain regular and ongoing communications with all stakeholders taking time to understand business requirements.
- Update the team on a regular basis on activity outlining results, opportunities and contingencies as well as competitor activity
- Actively contribute to all department wide initiatives and projects.
- Identifies and builds strong relationships with people inside and outside Time Inc.
- Participates in and encourages a culture of innovation
- Be a champion of a ‘test and learn’ approach and encourage a continuous optimisation culture
- This job description describes the main responsibilities of the role, however it is expected that people will undertake any other duties as required commensurate with their skills and abilities
- Ecommerce experience and passion (minimum 3 years).
- Working knowledge of all digital marketing disciplines.
- Proven experience in generating wireframes and user journeys for an ecommerce business.
- Excellent understanding of best practice direct response web design.
- Excellent working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Good written English and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of industry standard A/B and MVT technologies.
- A broad understanding of customer marketing and the segments behind the numbers - being able to translate the numbers into engaging site experiences will be key.