Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Infrastructure Developer | Brand Engineering
Location: New York, NY
We are currently looking for a developer/engineer to join our infrastructure team. This individual will have a passion for cloud computing, open source technologies, and enjoys contributing to best-of-breed solutions. As a developer, you will help design and implement projects to support our brands’ initiatives. Our engineers work on implementing solutions that solve real-world problems and deliver value to our clients. You will help evangelize Infrastructure as code and a DevOps culture, and will be responsible to develop best practices, particularly code reuse. We look to innovate and continuously improve our infrastructure with a focus on costs, reliability, and on-going support requirements.
If you’re interested in joining us, please send a resume and cover letter and tell us why you think you’d make a good member of this team. Also, if you have a significant online presence somewhere, please tell us about it.
- You understand the full stack and the importance of a scalable and performant architecture.
- Have general cloud ops knowledge with at least one provider, private or public, such as attached volume lifecycle, auto scaling, cloud-config, security, instance lifecycle, etc
- Implement infrastructure as code for a cloud platforms from planned architectures
- Implement Continuous Delivery solutions and helping customers automate various stages of their deployments and testing processes
- Comfortable with Source Control Management including their connection to processes/pipelines
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions for different technology stacks or container orchestration platforms
- 4+ years of development/operations experience.
- Strong understanding of Web Technologies
- Networking experience (e.g. DNS, F5, AWS ELB, etc.).
- Obsession for performance and scalability in all products.
- Knowledge of leading architectural design patterns.
- Clear communicator for both technical and non technical related details.
- Conceptual thinker who pays attention to the important details.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology
- Comfortable with test driven development
- BS or MS in Computer Science, equivalent work experience will be considered
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Cloud Providers (Amazon Web Services - EB, EC2, ECS, Cloudfront)
- Experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, ECR)
- Experience with monitoring tools (NewRelic, Splunk, Nagios, Keynote, Cloudwatch, etc.)
- Experience with Logging Tools (Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana) ELK Stack
- Experience with Database Support (RDS, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with Build Environments (Jenkins, Travis, Circle CI)
- Experience with Infrastructure Provisioning and Software Configuration Management (Terraform, Cloudformation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Collaborative: You have a flexible, open approach to work. You thrive on building clear efficiencies in unstructured environments. You approach your career like a journey, taking on big challenges with zero ego – and crushing it. You’re energized by working in the unique, start-up atmosphere of the new Time Inc. International - a dynamic new digitally-led company-within-a-company.
- Organized: You live by prioritization and organization. You’re a born multitasker who loves to take on a good challenge… especially on a tight deadline. You see the big picture, but your attention to detail and creative flair also make you an invaluable asset to any team.
- A Communicator: Whether written or oral, your communication skills are outstanding in any context. Your interactions with clients and coworkers move business forward in a dynamic and exciting entrepreneurial environment.
- A Problem-solver: You’re a results-oriented multi-tasker who runs to – not from – a challenge. You’re able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and think independently. You are personally committed to completing a project with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through. You see to it that all assignments are completed correctly while upholding department and company standards.
- Creative: You think about the problem as much as you work on the solution. You know when to build and when to borrow. You see constraints as challenges as you work to fit square pegs inside round holes, and without shaving corners…