Senior Software Engineer – Hybrid-Mobile Specialist
Los Angeles (90024)
In this role, you will be charged with road-mapping framework features, supporting multiple implementation teams and hands-on development of app frameworks using the latest hybrid-mobile technology. You will work quickly to solve problems, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively with team members across Tillster’s diverse disciplines and geographies (Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA; Alpharetta, GA; and offshore). Most importantly, we are looking for a fun-loving individual who loves the work they do and believes in pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
What you will be doing:
- Spearhead development of Tillster’s next generation hybrid-mobile platform using latest technologies and techniques, internally champion and support adoption across a development team of 50 engineers.
- Use your long experience in front-end technologies to identify frameworks, libraries, techniques and strategies to be used by development teams to build world class mobile apps.
- Prototype and implement new framework features determine feasibility and drive framework innovation.
- Implement and maintain (with the support of our DevOps team) web CI/CD pipeline to be used across engineering teams.
- Stay up-to-date on the most current mobile development tooling and process norms and ensure our engineering standards and processes continue to reflect best practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define mobile deployment and SDLC process standards.
- Collaborate closely with Product stakeholders to provide estimates for key web implementation roadmap items.
- Stay always up to date on Play/App store requirements and mobile application capabilities and trends to be able to help inform Product teams on possible roadmap features, including implementation breakdowns and prototypes.
- Work closely with Design team to develop design systems, user interaction and navigation standards to be used across multiple applications.
- Work closely with engineering teams to assure that established standards are appropriate for developer creativity, throughput and consistency.
- Provide technology mentoring and training to ensure the success of development teams
What you need for this position:
- Deep experience with principles of application architecture and implementation hybrid-mobile apps across different frameworks (NativeScript, React Native, Xamarin, Ionic, Flutter)
- Experience publishing and managing mobile apps in the Apple App Store/Google Play Store
- Understanding of performance and platform limitations of mobile applications applications and be able to collaborate on mitigation techniques
- Ability to understand technical requirements and decompose them into work tasks
- The ability to analyze problems and implement solutions that trade off architectural, usability, performance, reliability, scalability, level-of-effort, and time-to-market
- Understand and support software delivery life-cycle including design, implementation, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, release and maintenance
- Able to collaborate with various staff disciplines including account, product, analytics and QA teams.
- Solid understanding of interface guidelines and must be able to collaborate in development of good mobile UX and iOS/Android peculiarities
- Strong understanding of interactive touch/gesture interfaces for mobile
- Excellent verbal and documentation communicator with the ability to create high-level and detailed design documents describing architectures and implementation plans.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are required; other languages a plus
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5 years in professional web development using modern technologies
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred.
Relocation Assistance Considered.
No visa sponsorship.
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please.