Web Solutions Architect
Los Angeles (90024)
Tillster is seeking Web Solutions Architect with demonstrated expertise and leadership experience to join our Los Angeles team. This position will be responsible for building and maintaining our next generation front-end framework to be used across development teams to build customer facing restaurant service systems that will be seen by millions of users. You must have a strong technical skill and a passion for learning and leading with new technologies and a deep experience in modern web development. This position is on-site as we want to see your smiling face each day and together create, innovate and collaborate.
In this role, you will be charged with road-mapping framework features, supporting multiple implementation teams and hands-on development of app frameworks in the latest versions of Angular. You will work quickly to solve problems, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively with team members across Tillster’s diverse disciplines and geographies (Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA; Alpharetta, GA; and offshore). Most importantly, we are looking for a fun-loving individual who loves the work they do and, believes in pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
What you will be doing:
- Spearhead development of Tillster’s next generation web platform using latest technologies and techniques, internally champion and support adoption across a development team of 50 engineers.
- Use your long experience in front-end web development to identify frameworks, libraries, techniques and strategies to be used by development teams to build world class responsive web apps.
- Prototype and implement new framework features determine feasibility and drive framework innovation.
- Implement and maintain (with the support of our DevOps team) web CI/CD pipeline to be used across engineering teams.
- Stay up-to-date on the most current web development tooling and process norms and ensure our engineering standards and processes continue to reflect best practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define web deployment and SDLC process standards.
- Collaborate closely with Product stakeholders to provide estimates for key web implementation roadmap items.
- Stay always up to date on web application features and trends to be able to help inform Product teams on possible roadmap features, including implementation breakdowns and prototypes.
- Work closely with Design team to develop design systems, user interaction and navigation standards to be used across multiple applications.
- Work closely with engineering teams to assure that established standards are appropriate for developer creativity, throughput and consistency.
- Provide technology mentoring and training to ensure the success of development teams
What you need for this position:
- Deep experience with principles of application architecture and implementation for single page web apps across different frameworks (Angular, React, Vue.js, etc.)
- Expert in all things CSS (layout approaches, selectors, pseudo-classes, pseudo-elements, animations, rendering process in browsers, differences between browsers/devices, etc.)
- Understanding of performance and platform limitations of SPA web applications, in both desktop and mobile context, and be able to collaborate on mitigation techniques
- Ability to understand technical requirements and decompose them into work tasks
- The ability to analyze problems and implement solutions that trade off architectural, usability, performance, reliability, scalability, level-of-effort, and time-to-market
- Understand and support software delivery life-cycle including design, implementation, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, release and maintenance
- Able to collaborate with various staff disciplines including account, product, analytics and QA teams.
- Solid understanding of interface guidelines and must be able to collaborate in development of good web/responsive UX
- Strong understanding of interactive touch/gesture interfaces for web
- Excellent verbal and documentation communicator with the ability to create high-level and detailed design documents describing architectures and implementation plans.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are required; other languages a plus
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5 years in professional web development using modern technologies
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred.
Relocation Assistance Considered.
No visa sponsorship.
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please.