Director of Engineering – Back End & Mobile
San Diego (92121)
We are seeking a versatile, hands-on Director of Engineering to lead a team of talented back end and mobile engineers. The ideal candidate should come from a high volume, ecommerce background and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment (as well as understand the specific challenges that come along with it). This is a hands-on technical leadership role.
What you will be doing:
- Providing effective solutions to difficult software engineering problems in an area of significant scope and importance to Tillster
- Translating business needs to design, code, test, and maintain deliverables of high complexity and impact
- Instilling and driving software engineering standards and best practices with the team to maximize engineering excellence and developer productivity
- Employing strong business and technical acumen to guide the team (customer obsession, strategic thinking, sweating the details)
- Creating shared vision, building and maintaining strong cross-functional relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Working closely with the CTO/COO Engineering and other company leaders
- Partnering with Program and Product Management to understand requirements, prioritize tasks, and incorporate new features into existing products
- Rapidly adapting to new and changing situations to quickly solve problems and find new directions
What you need:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent skills and knowledge
- Solid understanding of programming languages, frameworks, and methodologies along with excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- 5+ years’ experience as an established technical leader of software engineering teams that have successfully delivered impactful business solutions
- Passion for technology with a minimum of 8-10 years of software development and services experience. Experience with cloud computing in AWS, web services, and CI/CD strongly desired
- Strong experience with Java, J2EE framework and developing APIs. Experience developing native mobile applications strongly desired
- Demonstrated experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering teams
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track in a distributed global engineering ecosystem
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
What you get:
- A competitive compensation that includes base salary + equity
- The opportunity to build innovative, scalable technologies with the global leader in customer engagement programs and self-service ordering for the quick service restaurant industries
- The opportunity to shape a strong engineering culture
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred.
Relocation Assistance Considered.
No visa sponsorship.
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please.