Cyber Security Engineer
San Diego, CA (92121)
Under the direction of the Lead Cyber Security engineer, manage the plan and task to administer the Tillster IT Security program. Interface with various leaders and engineers to drive the resolution of vulnerabilities, education and compliance with the Tillster IT Security program.
- Provide support of security application systems and tools including virus protection, technical asset management, user authentication, and intrusion prevention and detection.
- Conducts vulnerability threat assessments on existing and planned application systems and execute action plans to mitigate security gaps.
- Provide support of security risk assessments of company-wide enterprise computer systems.
- Maintains and measuring compliance against security policies, standards, and guidelines district-wide.
- Evaluates and responds to global information technology security threats in relation to local systems.
- Assists the management staff in long range planning and development of information technology security strategies, systems, architecture, and policies.
- Proactively monitors security levels of information technology systems district-wide and establishes baseline security models.
- Under the direction of the Cyber Security team, work with external law enforcement, management, Human Resources and Public Safety as necessary to provide technical expertise concerning information technology security incidents
- Produce and maintain documentation as needed
- 5 - 8 years’ work experience managing information security in a software development, Cloud hosted, and Web E-commerce environments; or other equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge
- Experience with PCI/DSS, GDPR, SOC2, CSA and other certification standards
- Experience with Firewall rules and management
- Experience with networking principles and all layers of the OSI model
- Experience with Windows, Linux and MacOS platforms and Operating Systems
- Experience with Vulnerability management to include;
- vulnerability scanning
- Infrastructure, operating system and application patching
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability tracking and reporting systems
- CSSP, CCSP, CISSP, Security + or similar certification required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to listen, interpret and explain computer related concepts in non-technical terms.
- Desire to multitask and solve problems efficiently and quickly
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
Tillster is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. For over a decade we’ve developed revolutionary self-service, ordering and payments solutions – for mobile, tablet, online, kiosk, call center, and more – creating personalized interactions based on consumer preferences, language, and currency. Our platform is compatible with 15+ unique POS systems, representing over 90% coverage in multi-unit restaurants. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions.
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred
Relocation Assistance Considered
No visa sponsorship
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please