Web Solutions Architect
Los Angeles, CA (90024)
Tillster is seeking Web Solutions Architect with demonstrated leadership experience to join our Los Angeles team. This position will be responsible for building and maintaining a front-end framework to be used by many development teams to build restaurant menu and ordering systems. You must have a refined set of technical skills as well as a passion for learning and leading with new technologies and strong experience in modern web development. This position is on-site as we want to see your smiling face each day and together create, innovate and collaborate.
In this role, you will be charged with road-mapping framework features, supporting multiple implementation teams and hands-on development of app frameworks in the latest Angular. In addition, you will work quickly to solve problems, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively with team members across Tillster’s diverse disciplines and geographies (Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA; Alpharetta, GA; and offshore). Most importantly, we are looking for a fun-loving individual who loves the work they do and believes in pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
What you will be doing:
- Spearhead development of Tillster’s next generation on the web using latest technologies and techniques, internally champion and drive adoption across a development team of 50 engineers
- Using your long experience in front-end web development to identify frameworks, libraries and strategies used by disparate development teams to build world class responsive web apps
- Personally, prototype and implement new framework features and web-specific functions to support feature feasibility analysis and push framework innovation
- Design, implement and maintaining web CI pipeline used by multiple engineering teams with the support of our DevOps team
- Keep up-to-date on the most current web development tooling and process norms and ensure engineering standards and processes continue to reflect best practices
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define web deployment and SDLC process standards
- Collaborate closely with Product stakeholders to provide estimates for key web implementation roadmap items
- Stay always up to date on web application features and trends to be able to help inform Product teams on possible roadmap features, including implementation breakdowns and prototypes
- Work closely with Design leadership to develop design systems, user interaction and navigation standards to be used across multiple applications
- Work closely with engineering teams to assure that established standards are appropriate for developer creativity, throughput and consistency
- Provide technology mentoring and training to ensure the success of development teams
What you need for this position:
- Deep experience with principles of application architecture for single page web apps across different frameworks (Angular, React, Vue.js, etc)
- The ability to analyze problems and implement solutions that trade off architectural constraints of functionality, usability, performance, reliability, scalability, cost, and time-to-market
- Support application throughout full delivery life cycle including design, implementation, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and post release
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related discipline
- Deep hands-on implementation experience with web frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.js, et cetera
- Expert in all thing’s CSS (layout approaches, selectors, pseudo-classes, pseudo-elements, animations, rendering process in browsers, differences between browsers/devices, etc)
- Able to collaborate with various staff disciplines including account, product, analytics and QA teams
- Understanding of performance and platform limitations of web applications, in both desktop and mobile context, and mitigation techniques
- Solid understanding of interface guidelines and must be able to collaborate in development of good web/responsive UX
- Strong understanding of interactive touch/gesture interfaces for web
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Ability to understand technical requirements and decompose them into work tasks
- Excellent verbal and documentation communicator with the ability to create high-level and detailed design documents describing architectures and implementation plans
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are required; other languages a plus
- 5 years in professional web development using modern technologies
Tillster is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. For over a decade we’ve developed revolutionary self-service, ordering and payments solutions – for mobile, tablet, online, kiosk, call center, and more – creating personalized interactions based on consumer preferences, language, and currency. Our platform is compatible with 15+ unique POS systems, representing over 90% coverage in multi-unit restaurants. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions.
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred.
Relocation Assistance Considered.
No visa sponsorship.
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please.