Mobile Application Architect
Los Angeles (90024)
Tillster is seeking a Mobile Application Architect with demonstrated leadership experience to join our Los Angeles team. This position will be responsible for architecting hybrid mobile apps for iOS/Android. You must have a refined set of technical skills as well as a passion for learning new technologies and a strong sense of modern mobile user experience design. This position is on-site as we want to see your smiling face each day and together create, innovate and collaborate.
In this role, you will be charged with road-mapping strategy, overseeing deployments, and hands-on hybrid mobile app development. In addition, you will work quickly and efficiently to solve problems, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively with team members across Tillster’s diverse disciplines and geographies (Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA; Alpharetta, GA; and offshore). Most importantly, we are looking for a fun-loving individual who loves the work they do, and believes in pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
What you will be doing:
- Using your deep experience in hybrid-mobile development to identify frameworks, libraries and strategies used by disparate development teams to build world class mobile apps.
- Personally develop prototype implementations of new features and mobile-specific functions to prove the validity of different approaches.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining hybrid-mobile CI pipeline used by multiple engineering teams.
- Keeping up to date on new Play/App Store requirements to ensure engineering standards and processes continue to reflect the latest changes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define mobile deployment process standards.
- Collaborate closely with Product stakeholders to provide estimates for key mobile specific roadmap items.
- Stay always up to date on mobile application features and trends to be able to help inform Product teams on possible roadmap features, including implementation breakdowns and prototypes.
- Work closely with Design leadership to develop user interaction and navigation standards to be used across multiple applications.
- Work closely with engineering teams to assure that established standards are appropriate for developer creativity, throughput and consistency.
- Provide team member mentoring to ensure the success of the development team
What you need for this position:
- Deep experience with principles of application architecture for hybrid mobile apps
- The ability to analyze problems and implement solutions that trade off architectural constraints of functionality, usability, performance, reliability, scalability, cost, and time-to-market
- Support application throughout full delivery life cycle including design, implementation, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and post release
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related scientific discipline
- Familiarity with hybrid mobile application frameworks such as React Native, Ionic, Flutter, NativeScript, etc.
- Able to collaborate with various staff disciplines including account, developers, analytics and QA teams.
- Published at least one app on the Apple App Store/Google Play Store
- Understanding of performance and platform limitations of mobile devices and mitigation techniques
- Solid understanding of interface guidelines and must be able to collaborate in development of good mobile UX
- Strong understanding of interactive touch/gesture interfaces, application development paradigms, memory management, concurrency and multi-threading
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Ability to understand technical requirements and decompose them into work tasks
- Excellent verbal and documentation communicator with the ability to create high-level and detailed design documents describing architectures and implementation plans.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are required; other languages a plus
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred.
Relocation Assistance Considered.
No visa sponsorship.
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please.