Desktop Support Engineer
San Diego, CA (92121)
Provide excellent end user experience, which includes resolving potential or actual technical issues, troubleshoot software packages, hardware devices, and other peripherals and configure computer systems according to company policies. Maintain Company IT assets and License as part of the Configuration Management Database.
Down in the weeds...
- Provide worldwide day-to-day support and customer service
- Install, configure, and administer Windows and Macintosh Based Desktop systems hardware and software
- Support Cloud Based system, application implementation to support business functions.
- Work with network staff to support corporate network and Internet Infrastructure
- Resolve technical failures in a timely manner, track issues, escalations, resolution and closure of IT tickets.
- Troubleshoot and solve common IT issues (password resets, computer hardware failures, access requests)
- Setup computers and phones for new hires
- Support/Administer Active Directory, Exchange mail accounts, SharePoint, Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager, virus/spam detection, data backups
- Work on projects as needed
- Bring ideas for improvement forward
- Follow and implement security policies while carrying out desktop support
- Documentation as needed
- Physical movement of IT or other office gear as needed
- On-call and available 24x7 to expertly support our global staff
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to listen, interpret and explain computer related concepts in non-technical terms.
- Windows 7/10 experience required
- Mac OSX support experience required
- VOIP phone support experience preferred
- Office #65 Support Experience preferred
- Desire to multitask and solve problems efficiently and quickly
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft desktop operating systems and software products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and operating system
- Experience supporting Cloud Based solutions a Plus
- Experience supporting Office 365 an Plus
- Experience with a corporate IT ticket system
- Experience with asset and software tracking preferred
Associates degree in Information Technology
A+, Microsoft, ITSM, HDI or other certifications preferred but not required
Tillster is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. For over a decade we've developed revolutionary self-service, ordering and payments solutions -- for mobile, tablet, online, kiosk, call center, and more -- creating personalized interactions based on consumer preferences, language, and currency. Our platform is compatible with 15+ unique POS systems, representing over 90% coverage in multi-unit restaurants. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution -- to create world-class digital engagement solutions.
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred
Relocation Assistance Considered
No visa sponsorship
Principals only -- no Agencies or calls please