**This is a remote position only open to applicants in Europe and Africa.***
Tilig is a healthy startup, founded by Sid Sijbrandij, founder and CEO of GitLab, in an individual capacity. The team is 6 strong and growing (with 6 open positions!). We have the mission of building everyone's personal assistant. The first iteration of that product is a completely free password manager that is incredibly easy to use, while future versions will help organize and manage all your accounts and subscriptions in one place. It will tackle everything from handling payments to canceling difficult subscriptions.
Tilig is a password manager but vision is bigger. All around account manager and subscription manager. NY Times, Netflix...scattered..no easy management tool to end subscription. Being able to manage subscriptions is the future vision of Tilig. Don’t have to talk to a person on the phone, or get out from under sales pitch. We’re building a password manager to get into the accounts to manage. Core is to create a service and make sure its the easiest to use and free forever.
As part of a small, talented team, you will have direct input into implementation decisions and will have a major impact in development and the contribution of ideas. You’ll have the opportunity to truly impact the direction and success of the product and our company.
- Develop our browser extension and web app clients.
- Leverage Vue and other web technologies to develop smooth experiences across all popular browsers.
- Employ unit tests to verify functionality and quality.
- Work closely with the design team to turn UX and UI designs into realistic features and requirements
- Contribute ideas for improvement
- Work with graphic designers to mesh the UX with a beautiful UI
- Develop and iterate features in an Agile environment, constantly improving on them
- Work closely with our marketing team to develop and improve the conversion of our homepage and landing pages through solid web development, UX implementation, and A/B testing
- Preferably at least half a day of overlap with CEST and EST
- Full-time (32-40 hours per week)
- Senior level (4+ years of experience)
- Extensive experience with developing websites and web apps, with an online portfolio or public repository
- Comfortable working remotely full-time (good work-space, on-camera meetings, flexible schedule)
- Vue, React or AngularJS experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Great collaboration skills
- Can-do attitude with willingness to help and pick up tasks outside of direct responsibilities
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for great product design
- A passion for making the web easier for everyone
- A passion for security
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with developing browser extensions
- Experience with React
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with AWS, GCP and Firebase
- Experience with Rails
- Design skills
- Website frameworks (Bootstrap, ...
- CI/CD (GitLab)
- Unit testing and A/B testing
- Documentation (Google Docs, Markdown)
- Agile / Product Management experience (GitLab, Jira, Monday, Trello, Aha!)
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to complete a self recorded screening via EasyHire.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a Zoom panel interview with the Tilig team and participate in technical assessments (if applicable).
- Final candidates will then be invited to schedule a Zoom interview with the leadership team (depending on position).
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
At Tilig Inc. we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Tilig Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.