TigerGraph is a platform for advanced analytics and machine learning on connected data. TigerGraph's core technology is the only scalable graph database for the enterprise. Its proven technology supports fraud detection, customer 360, MDM, IoT, AI, and machine learning.
Fortune 500 organizations and the most innovative mid-size and startup companies choose TigerGraph to accelerate their analytics, AI, and machine learning:
- Seven out of the top ten global banks use TigerGraph for real-time fraud detection.
- Over 50 million patients receive care path recommendations to assist them on their wellness journey.
- 300 million consumers receive personalized offers with recommendation engines powered by TigerGraph.
- TigerGraph reduces power outages by optimizing the energy infrastructure for 1 billion people.
TigerGraph is leading the graph industry with its modern, graph database, analytics and ML platform and with its expansion is looking for someone to build and develop its Sales Operations team.
Reporting to the Director of Sales Operations, the Pricing manager is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and supporting traditional, and creative innovative pricing approaches and to provide analytics and strategic support, working closely with finance, accounting, marketing, sales, and legal. You will lead the transformation of data assets, reporting, analytics, and capabilities to accelerate the adoption of your data and analytics as key drivers of revenue growth and competitive advantage, as well as optimizing pricing and discounting decisions. Insights from your analyses – delivered via tools, systems and presentations to all levels of the company – will drive pricing recommendations across our entire portfolio. You will leverage your strong business acumen and your ability to deliver automated, scalable systems, tools and deliverables to share information and inspire confidence to make better pricing decisions more quickly.
- Create best-in-class pricing models and analytics to better understand pricing performance drivers. Develop a deep understanding of our peer and competitor positioning to inform your recommendations.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer value drivers and the business economics impacting purchasing decisions.
- Define clear hypotheses to identify new opportunities and build business cases and quantitative models that will inform and influence pricing strategy. Drive analyses to test hypotheses across a range of topics, including customer segmentation, cohort analysis, elasticity measurement, market research, and rate testing.
- Deliver pricing recommendations that follow a logically reasoned, data-driven approach to achieve strategic & financial goals
- Work with cross-functional leaders in Product, Marketing, Sales, and Analytics on strategic pricing proposals. Partner with product leadership, using data and insight to define pricing changes, design experiments, and implement those changes across our product portfolio.
- Effectively and efficiently roll out price changes across products, channels, and regions per evolving market conditions and/or strategy
- Own competitive benchmarking and insight to maintain target price position
- Lead pricing engagement for strategic and channel partnerships
- Identify new packaging and bundling opportunities to simplify sales motion, increase sales productivity and market penetration.
- Perform ongoing pricing and costing analysis; segment by relevant geographic, customer and deal factors to evaluate performance, approval patterns and support new deal review.
- Perform quantitative analysis of customer usage data to derive insight into usage patterns to help predict under usage or adoption risks
- Other projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required (concentration in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or a directly related field desirable), MBA is a plus. Equivalent years of work experience may be substituted for degree requirement
- 4+ years in a similar senior-level analytical and management role
- Highly proficient in B2B value-based pricing and in the operationalization of pricing strategies through sales activities
- Deep understanding and command of product and solution bundling strategies
- Proven experience in negotiating large and complex deals
- The ability to leverage data and robust analytics in defending your pricing strategy decisions and then working across a highly matrixed organization to drive execution
- Possess strong command and understanding of microeconomics, pricing elasticity, primary variables influencing pricing, and relevant strategies for optimizing it
- Experience working with large data sets and creating custom models. Strong quantitative skills (with statistics, modeling, and/or SQL a plus)
- Proven expertise and knowledge in Business Intelligence tools
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Access/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills (in English), both oral and written
- Industry pricing experience in the tech and/or financial services space