TigerGraph is the world’s fastest graph analytics platform designed to unleash the power of interconnected data for deeper insights and better outcomes. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the next generation graph computing and analytics platform.
We are looking for a Senior Query Optimizer Engineer to implement and improve TigerGraph Query Language engine. You will work with upper management to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
Your goal will be to develop high-quality and optimized query language engine that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Contribute to TigerGraph query language engine
- Design and implement high-quality query optimizer
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- 5+ years of hands-on software engineering experience, with a specific focus on database query optimizer.
- Strong database system expertise in query execution planning, query optimization, performance tuning, parallel computing, and schema design
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Experience developing systems in C/C++
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- BS in Computer Science, Masters or Ph.D. preferred