The Senior Sales Engineer role at TigerGraph is an integral part of the sales team. Having a technical background, the ideal candidate is passionate and comfortable to learn and market new technology in the graph analytics space. Assisting sale team to demo, educate and persuade prospective customers to adopt TigerGraph platform in their production. Sales Engineers are passionate about working with prospects and customers to understand their business and system requirements, identify and refine compelling use cases for which TigerGraph is applicable, showcase relevant product capabilities and deliver proof of concept to close deals.
- Being a master of TigerGraph product.
- Provide informational TigerGraph product presentations and live software demonstrations.
- Participate in functional and technical discovery sessions.
- Lead whiteboarding sessions and/or work independently to map requirements to valid use cases that are addressed by TigerGraph product capabilities.
- Propose solution architectures and develop prototypes that address customer requirements based on TigerGraph product
- Address competitive differentiation and technical objection-handling as needed.
- Facilitate solution knowledge transfer to TigerGraph Consulting and industry partners.
- Support local marketing events.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Graph experience a plus, e.g. Neo4j, OrientDB, TitanDB/JanusGraph, Giraph, Gremlin
- Relational or NoSQL database, Big Data, Analytics and Integration technologies and architectures.
- Knowledgeable in one advanced programming language Java, C++, C, Scala.
- Virtualization and Cloud knowledge. (EC2, Azure)
- SQL querying writing experience.
- Consultative skills including data requirements gathering and data modeling, white boarding and developing/validating proposed solution architectures.
- Presentations and software demonstrations for audiences including technical and line-of-business decision makers.
- Delivery of informal or other product education to prospective users or project teams.
- Soft skills including effective communication, listening and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sales-focused environment.
- Industry vertical experience, e.g. Financial Services, Retail, Government, Security or Telecommunication.
- Proficient written and spoken English communication skills.
- 2+ years prior software pre-sales, professional services or other client-facing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required.
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and remotely in a cross functional organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel.