LOCATION: San Jose, CA
TITLE: Data Engineer Intern
REPORTS TO: Principal Data Engineer
Our Data Engineer summer internship is a 10-week program designed to further develop the skill sets learned through university curriculum and courses. As part of our internship program, a Data Engineer Mentor will be assigned to you, to assist you through the learning process.
The vision of the Data Engineering team is to build a scalable platform to collect and analyze large amounts of data originating from secure, real-time messaging to enable data-driven decision-making capabilities for businesses.
As the Data Engineer Intern, you will receive hands-on experience, as you work alongside more experienced Data Engineers. You will get the opportunity to build a scalable pipeline to handle 10X the data volume and to implement a large number of analytics algorithms on a parallel framework such as Spark. You will also be working on data visualization solutions to make complex data more accessible, understandable and usable.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Graduating by June 2021 or earlier with a BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science or a related field.
- A cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be able to work out of our San Jose, CA office Monday - Friday
- Strong programming skills in Java and Python and/or Shell scripting.
Knowledge in MySQL, SQL and or Map/Reduce
- Experience in data mining, statistical analysis, predictive modeling and data modeling would be a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members.
- Ability to interface well with Professional Service staff and other non-technical members of the organization.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Be a team player
- Commitment to intern during the period of June-August
- Have take Database Systems, analysis of Algorithms, or related Coursework
- Have experience with MapReduce, Spark
- Have experience with AWS and related Stack
- Have experience in Data Mining, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and data modeling
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerConnect helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerConnect continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Cyber Security Company to Know, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, and a Best Places to Work in Healthcare 5 years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). TigerConnect currently has over 130 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.