WHO WE ARE:
TIFIN is a fintech platform backed by industry leaders including JP Morgan, Morningstar, Broadridge, Hamilton Lane and a who’s who of the financial service industry. We are creating engaging wealth experiences to better financial lives through AI and investment intelligence powered personalization. We are working to change the world of wealth in ways that personalization has changed the world of movies, music and more but with the added responsibility of delivering better wealth outcomes.
We use design and behavioral thinking to enable engaging experiences through software and application programming interfaces (APIs). We use investment science and intelligence to build algorithmic engines inside the software and APIs to enable better investor outcomes.
In a world where every individual is unique, we match them to financial advice and investments with a recognition of their distinct needs and goals across our investment marketplace and our advice and planning divisions.
- Shared Understanding through Listening and Speaking the Truth. We communicate with radical candor, precision and compassion to create a shared understanding. We challenge, but once a decision is made, commit fully. We listen attentively, speak candidly.
- Teamwork for Teamwin. We believe in win together, learn together. We fly in formation. We cover each other’s backs. We inspire each other with our energy and attitude.
- Make Magic for our Users. We center around the voice of the customer. With deep empathy for our clients, we create technology that transforms investor experiences.
- Grow at the Edge. We are driven by personal growth. We get out of our comfort zone and keep egos aside to find our genius zones. We strive to be the best we can possibly be. No excuses.
- Innovate with Creative Solutions. We believe that disruptive innovation begins with curiosity and creativity. We challenge the status quo and problem solve to find new answers.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
In our WealthTech division, TIFIN has created a collection of personalization capabilities – using AI and investment intelligence – that allow advisors to provide individualized experiences and better outcomes for their prospects and clients.
We are seeking a world-class Technology leader who can provide executive leadership for the Division’s Engineering organization, building personalization capabilities for financial advisors with an emphasis on integration capabilities. The CTO will play a critical role in the growth of the Division and will be an integral member of the Executive team. This leader must have the market savvy and technical acumen to effectively partner both internally and externally, driving both strategy and execution, to ensure success as the preeminent AI-powered, personalization toolbox for RIA’s.
- Reports to TIFIN’s CEO and Founder, Vinay Nair
- Lead the Engineering and Data teams to prioritize the sequencing of projects in the development queue to increase efficiency in the development process
- Champion WealthTech’s technology vision within Engineering and across the ELT to energize the company around a shared and cohesive goal
- Collaborate with the executive leadership team and the Board to set overall strategic direction and lead the company through increasing scale-up and ongoing operations
- Provide remote leadership of WealthTech’s offshore engineering team in India with the assistance of India Site Leads
- Partner with the GM and CRO to interface with customers, prospects and partners to ensure that external inputs are heard and captured in the product development process
- Transparently, proactively, and clearly communicate with internal and external parties, ensuring that development priorities and options are understood. Use a team approach to solve problems with peers and leverage networks to gain market insight and access
WHO YOU ARE:
- 10+ years of experience in engineering roles, including 5+ years in a technology management role
- Proven leadership abilities; experience leading world-class engineering organizations for innovative, reputable, high-growth fintech companies
- Experience building API as a Service or integration-heavy products
- A clear communicator. Able to distill complex technologies and concepts into powerful messages that truly resonate with partners and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial nature; a proven ability to operate in a fast-paced growth environment with rapidly evolving priorities
- Possess a passion for pioneering new technologies and markets through leading-edge solutions
- Successful track record and experience in tech companies that have ramped; able to point to product successes in the market exemplified by new, commercial product development and launch
- Solid fundamental management skills. Sets clear expectations and goals that fosters a team mindset
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level technology perspective; capable of looking at a multitude of technical projects and articulating a cohesive execution path around technology initiatives
- Hard working, resilient, sense of urgency, tenacious, and uncompromising in the drive for success
- Analytical, data- and metrics-driven, focused on quantifiable goals and outcomes; a problem-solver
- Must be in or willing to relocate to either Denver/Boulder, NYC, or San Francisco
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
For Colorado Applicants: The expected starting salary range for this position in Colorado is between $200,000 - $250,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also eligible for incentive compensation as well as client acquisition bonus programs.
TIFIN offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Performance linked variable compensation, including equity
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Open PTO policy and Company-paid holidays
- Remote work flexibility and other company benefits
TIFIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.