WHO WE ARE:
TIFIN is a hyper growth entrepreneurial company in the white-hot fintech space. Our twelve (yes, 12!) innovative companies are reshaping the future of investor experience. We’re backed by industry leaders including JP Morgan, Morningstar, Broadridge, Hamilton Lane and a who’s who of the financial service industry.
We build engaging experiences through powerful AI and investment-driven personalization. We leverage the combined power of investment intelligence, data science, and technology to make investing a more engaging experience and a more powerful driver of financial well-being.
We hope to change the world of wealth in ways that personalized delivery has changed the world of movies, music and more. In a world where every individual is unique, we believe in the power of AI-based personalization to match individuals to financial advice and investments is necessary to driving wealth goals.
- Shared Understanding through Listening and Speaking the Truth. We communicate with radical candor, precision and compassion to create a shared understanding. We challenge, but once a decision is made, commit fully. We listen attentively, speak candidly.
- Teamwork for Teamwin. We believe in win together, learn together. We fly in formation. We cover each other’s backs. We inspire each other with our energy and attitude.
- Make Magic for our Users. We center around the voice of the customer. With deep empathy for our clients, we create technology that transforms investor experiences.
- Grow at the Edge. We are driven by personal growth. We get out of our comfort zone and keep egos aside to find our genius zones. We strive to be the best we can possibly be. No excuses.
- Innovate with Creative Solutions. We believe that disruptive innovation begins with curiosity and creativity. We challenge the status quo and problem solve to find new answers.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Part of TIFIN, Magnifi is the world's first semantic search engine for finance. It helps financial advisors, portfolio managers, and everyday investors find, compare, and act on investment options. In an era with thousands of ETFs, mutual funds, stocks, and model portfolios to choose from, Magnifi demystifies and simplifies investing, providing insights and information that save time and help investors make smarter decisions.
We are seeking a VP Product to own the Financial Advisor facing side of the Magnifi marketplace, reporting directly into the Chief Product Officer. You will be responsible for developing and executing on the product vision and roadmap for all advisor-facing features. You will work closely with TIFIN product leaders, engineers, designers, and our business team to shape internal and external feedback into technology that meets the needs of our customers. A deep understanding of financial advisors as a user group is critical for success in this role.
You must be a motivated and tenacious self-starter who is comfortable interpreting technology requirements based on business requirements, and implementing them with maximum impact to the users. We're growing but are still a lean team, so you must be results- and execution-oriented. You will be expected to develop technology in a way that minimizes technology debt while maximizing the customer experience.
- Living and breathing the product, owning all aspects to ensure it meets the standard expected. That means nothing goes into the product without your okay and handling final QA on everything that ships
- Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your decisions
- Drive feature and story definition with acceptance criteria and prioritize based on strategies and roadmap
- Mock up concepts, write specs, cut tickets, write copy, and do whatever it takes to ship your products
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with engineers and designers to ensure all are aligned with the product roadmap and release timeline
- Launch new products and features with a highly detailed and thoughtful testing approach
- Use metrics and feedback to improve team and organization processes, best practices, performance, and delivery
- Be obsessed with customers. Talk to them. Validate your ideas with feedback and data. Ensure that the customer is infused in everything you do.
- Communicate value, status and data on the work of your product to leadership
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have deep experience in the wealth management space and a deep knowledge of financial advisors as a user group
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a product management role with agile teams, ideally in a startup environment building software for financial advisors
- A track record of success in delivering products that meet customer needs and drive business impact
- Ability to own the product and seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business
- Swift, high-quality decision maker informed by data, but not paralyzed when faced with a lack of it
- Ability to manage the product roadmap from scratch through to production
- Ability to plan for future work while maintaining the current delivery with rapidly changing priorities
- Machine learning and data science experience a big plus
- Ability to thrive in a highly demanding, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity, and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- A top performer with a proactive approach who has a “doer” & problem-solver mentality
- An exceptional team player with strong communication and organizational skills
- A local presence in Boulder or NYC is preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
For Colorado Applicants: The expected starting salary range for this position in Colorado is between $170,000 - $190,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also eligible for incentive compensation as well as client acquisition bonus programs.
TIFIN offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Performance linked variable compensation, including equity
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 4014(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Open PTO policy and Company-paid holidays
- Remote work flexibility and other company benefits
TIFIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.