WHO WE ARE:
TIFIN is a hyper growth entrepreneurial company in the white-hot fintech space. Our twelve (yes, 12!) innovative companies are reshaping the future of investor experience. We’re backed by industry leaders including JP Morgan, Morningstar, Broadridge, Hamilton Lane and a who’s who of the financial service industry.
We build engaging experiences through powerful AI and investment-driven personalization. We leverage the combined power of investment intelligence, data science, and technology to make investing a more engaging experience and a more powerful driver of financial well-being.
We hope to change the world of wealth in ways that personalized delivery has changed the world of movies, music and more. In a world where every individual is unique, we believe in the power of AI-based personalization to match individuals to financial advice and investments is necessary to driving wealth goals.
- Shared Understanding through Listening and Speaking the Truth. We communicate with radical candor, precision and compassion to create a shared understanding. We challenge, but once a decision is made, commit fully. We listen attentively, speak candidly.
- Teamwork for Teamwin. We believe in win together, learn together. We fly in formation. We cover each other’s backs. We inspire each other with our energy and attitude.
- Make Magic for our Users. We center around the voice of the customer. With deep empathy for our clients, we create technology that transforms investor experiences.
- Grow at the Edge. We are driven by personal growth. We get out of our comfort zone and keep egos aside to find our genius zones. We strive to be the best we can possibly be. No excuses.
- Innovate with Creative Solutions. We believe that disruptive innovation begins with curiosity and creativity. We challenge the status quo and problem solve to find new answers.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Our companies have experienced promising growth in 2020 and 2021 and as we enter into the next stage of expansion, we are looking for an exceptional and ambitious Quantitative Developer to join our world-class Quantitative Investments team. You will be responsible for building efficient analytical solutions in areas including portfolio optimization, portfolio management, and investment analytics, working alongside our software development and product teams to implement these solutions into our various platforms.
To succeed in this role, you must be a motivated and tenacious self-starter who is comfortable interpreting technology requirements, based on business requirements, and implementing them with maximum impact to the users. You must be results and execution oriented.
- Collaborate with a cross functional agile team spanning design, data science, product management, and engineering to build a high-value roadmap of innovation
- Research, develop and test quantitative wealth management models for digital wealth platforms
- Identify potential areas for optimization and performance enhancements including suggestions for the ongoing maintenance and improvement of overall code quality
- Optimizing and expanding our modeling toolkit to handle new products and situations. In-depth model and pricing development.
- Develop code to extract data from various sources to support development of the models
- Provide realistic estimates for project and software development timelines ensuring accountability.
- Stay current on industry development and trends to maintain ongoing business awareness and a competitive edge
- Advise the team on best practices
- Help shape company culture as an early stage hire
WHO YOU ARE:
- Advanced training in Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative field (Bachelors, Masters, PhD degree)
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a quantitative finance area including software development or research product management
- Hands on experience in the full life cycle of strategy development research, including idea creation; data collection/cleansing; analysis; testing; and deployment
- Strong low latency coding and quant skills in programming languages such as: Python and R
- Strong understanding of portfolio optimization theory, financial modeling, and statistical optimization techniques
- Familiarity with and ability to apply the following concepts to solve data problems; natural language processing, machine learning, conceptual modeling, statistical analysis, predictive modeling and hypothesis testing
- Gets a sense of achievement out of seeing their code running in the real world. Likes to get involved in performance and machine specifics when optimizing code speed
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a highly demanding, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity, and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- A top performer with a proactive approach who has a “doer” & problem-solver mentality
- An exceptional team player with strong communication skills
- A local presence in NYC, Denver or Boulder areas
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
For Colorado Applicants: The expected starting salary range for this position in Colorado is between $135,000 - $155,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also eligible for incentive compensation as well as client acquisition bonus programs.
TIFIN offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Performance linked variable compensation, including equity
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 4014(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Open PTO policy and Company-paid holidays
- Remote work flexibility and other company benefits
TIFIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.