THIS IS US
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people e-scooters, e-bikes, e-mopeds and other sustainable modes of transport, TIER helps cities to reduce their dependence on cars and move towards a zero-emission future. Founded in 2018, TIER employs more than 1,000 people and operates in 170+ cities across 18 countries in Europe and the Middle East.
With a $2 billion valuation, TIER has raised a total of $660 million in equity and debt funding to date, backed by prestigious investors like SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
TIER is at the forefront of the sustainable transport revolution in one of the fastest growing industries. We’d love for you to join the ride.
Permanent employee, Full-time, based in Berlin, remote work options
In this role you will join the Tax Team in order to enable TIER’s hyper-growth with all kinds of Tax services. You have the opportunity to become part of a growing Tax Team to shape the Tax Function at TIER and ensure Tax Compliance globally. Ideally based in Berlin, possibility to be remote elsewhere in Germany.
The role and your impact at TIER
As Tax Manager you will support the Head of Tax with all tasks arising from being obligated to fulfill Tax obligations in all countries where TIER operates, which includes:
Monitoring deadlines and supporting Head of Tax in fulfilling Tax Compliance locally and globally for all TIER business units;
Preparing Tax declarations, with the aim to later take over responsibility for the submission of Tax declarations;
- Preparing Transfer Pricing calculations and Year End reconciliations;
Supporting the Year End and Month End Closings from Tax perspective;
Taking responsibility for Tax registration processes;
Managing communication with Tax authorities, with external tax advisors and with business partners;
Supporting with the establishment and improvement of Tax Processes, Procedures and Policies;
Working closely with other teams at TIER (especially Finance, Legal, BI, Products and Operations), to safeguard Tax Compliance through the entire process chain.
You’ll fit great with these skills and qualifications
- You have a Degree in Business Administration, Finance & Accounting / Tax, Business Law or related area with focus on Taxes OR are an educated Tax Assistant / Tax Accountant (Steuerfachangestellter).
- You have first professional experiences (up to 5 years) in a relevant Tax Assistant role in an advisory firm or in a multinational company.
- You have a general understanding of Tax Law (VAT, Corporate Tax / Withholding Taxes, Transfer Pricing).
- You have accounting knowledge and an understanding of Tax deviations.
- You have strong Excel and analytical skills, a processual understanding and Project Management skills.
- You are fluent in written and spoken German and English and comfortable talking and writing to a variety of people / stakeholders.
- You are able to manage multiple tasks at a time in a fast-paced environment, while collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the tasks done.
- You are motivated, entrepreneurial and focused on the details.
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
- Enjoy amazing views at our centrally located office at Potsdamer Platz, with a variety of different restaurants and great transport connections
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!