THIS IS US
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people e-scooters, e-bikes, e-mopeds and other sustainable modes of transport, TIER helps cities to reduce their dependence on cars and move towards a zero-emission future. Founded in 2018, TIER employs more than 1,000 people and operates in 170+ cities across 18 countries in Europe and the Middle East.
With a $2 billion valuation, TIER has raised a total of $660 million in equity and debt funding to date, backed by prestigious investors like SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
TIER is at the forefront of the sustainable transport revolution in one of the fastest growing industries. We’d love for you to join the ride.
Permanent employee, Full-time
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
Tier's vision is to lead the way towards seamless and sustainable mobility - joyful for everyone. Together with public and private organisations, we rethink urban transportation and reshape our cities’ landscapes by offering easy-accessible and affordable mobility services. The Maintenance and Repair (M&R) function is a diverse team of passionate and fast thinking engineers, mechanics, and technicians. The team plays a highly significant and hands-on role to ensure that all Tier vehicles are safe and reliable for everyone to enjoy a fun and sustainable ride!
- Functional POC for city Maintenance & Repair Managers and Team Leads.
- Administrative and local control (workplace structure, vacation alignment etc.)
- M&R budget recommendations: mechanics, contracts, availability, tools etc.
- Re-prioritisation of repair focus in strategic cases (e.g. event preparation, special requests from individual cities)
- Support in recruiting M&R team members within the region.
- Support the Central MRE team with implementing projects in the region.
- Be an active contributor and project team member working closely with the central MRE team to execute and implement long term solutions to improve maintenance and repair processes as well as vehicle lifetime
- Improve the processes and vehicle hardware by making suggestions for more reliable components and better workflows
- Identify recurring or significant fleet issues and develop / document quality technical solutions to share with your peers in your region
- Analyse damages and prioritise the repairs for the electrical and mechanical faults of e-scooters for the respective city.
- Increase the utilisation of scooters by ensuring that your fleet is in a good technical condition so that our customers have a large choice of scooters to pick from at all time
- Support in local, off-HQ sourcing
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Well organised approach on-site and remote in dealing with local M&R resources.
- 2+ years experience in maintenance and repair (preferably in vehicle M&R)
- Experience in reporting & KPI generation
- Experience in leadership & managing a team from a technical and functional perspective.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English and (written and verbal)
- Apprenticeship or similar training in a mechanical, mechatronics or electrical area. Having a formal degree is a plus!
- Thrive in a fast-changing, demanding environment and really want to make a difference
- Available for in-country travel (up to 30% of the time)
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE TEAM
The Tier Maintenance and Repair team is the "F1 Pit Crew" of the e-micro mobility world and (un)arguably the most intelligent team in Tier - comprising passionate and fast thinking engineers, mechanics, and technicians. The team plays a highly significant and hands-on role to ensure that all Tier vehicles are safe and reliable for everyone to enjoy a fun and sustainable ride! And yes, we have a cool uniform
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!