THIS IS US
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people e-scooters, e-bikes, e-mopeds and other sustainable modes of transport, TIER helps cities to reduce their dependence on cars and move towards a zero-emission future. Founded in 2018, TIER employs more than 1,000 people and operates in 150+ cities across 16 countries in Europe and the Middle East.
With a $2 billion valuation, TIER has raised a total of $660 million in equity and debt funding to date, backed by prestigious investors like SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
TIER is at the forefront of the sustainable transport revolution in one of the fastest growing industries. We’d love for you to join the ride.
Permanent employee, Full-time
In this role you will join the Legal Team in order to enable TIER’s hyper-growth with compliant and employee-centric labour law services. You have the opportunity to shape the future of TIER’s labour law team globally.
The role and your impact at TIER
As Senior Legal Counsel - Employment Law for France, Benelux, and Southwest Europe, you will work closely with Tier’s Head of Employment to provide critical legal and strategic input on a wide range of employment law matters and create the employment law standards for our growth.
You will be the first point of contact for all labour law and related legal issues (labour law compliance, employee data protection, safety at work, etc.) for the People & Organization Team. The role is based in Paris, but as part of TIER’s legal team, you will work closely with our Berlin Headquarters and the regional People & Organization teams. As Senior Legal Counsel - Employment Law you will: :
- Advise on the full range of employment matters relating to recruiting, hiring, training, performance, safety, compensation, benefits, and terminations for France, Benelux, and South-West Europe.
- Collaborate and advise on trade unions and works council related topics. As a French employment law specialist, active participation in Tier's works council in France is expected.
- Collaborate closely with other teams to pre-empt employment law risks, and proactively find solutions to these risks
- Support for global projects and restructuring
- Draft and implement guidelines and policies across the region
- Manage employment-related disputes in cooperation with external law firms
- Liaise with and manage external law firms, cooperation partners and other advisors
You’ll fit great with these skills and qualifications
- 5+ years of French employment law experience. Ideally this would include a combination of in-house experience and private practice in a top tier firm. Experience in the management of employment law topics for the Benelux and/or South-West Europe markets of a large company is an advantage
- Familiarity with start-up culture is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French. Fluency in another western or southern european language is an advantage
- Motivated, entrepreneurial and laser-focused on the details. Ability to manage multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, while collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done
- History of efficiency and strategic use of resources, including internal support functions and external counsels
- Strong team orientation and excellent communication skills, encourages communication and cooperation across the organization
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!