THIS IS US
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people e-scooters, e-bikes, e-mopeds and other sustainable modes of transport, TIER helps cities to reduce their dependence on cars and move towards a zero-emission future. Founded in 2018, TIER employs more than 1,000 people and operates in 150+ cities across 16 countries in Europe and the Middle East.
With a $2 billion valuation, TIER has raised a total of $660 million in equity and debt funding to date, backed by prestigious investors like SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
TIER is at the forefront of the sustainable transport revolution in one of the fastest growing industries. We’d love for you to join the ride.
Permanent employee, Full-time-REMOTE
We offer remote work from the locations below, plus Greece & Spain:
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Help your team to build an application that powers hundreds of thousands of vehicles and serves millions of customer
- Deliver features every day in a fully automated CI/CD setup
- Constantly improve availability, reduce latency and sustain the load
- Working with international and interdisciplinary teams from various backgrounds such as design, product management, business and frontend
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You have 3+ years of relevant industry experience in backend development using NodeJS
- You have an understanding of Zero-Downtime deployment/migration strategies
- You are familiar with design patterns used to build resilient distributed systems
- You are passionate about creating a valuable human-centered product which is more than just “doing the job"
- You have an open-minded personality and like to communicate with cross-functional teams
- Proficient in TDD
- Plus: You have some experience in Android development or you are willing to learn!
- Plus: You have some experience in GraphQL or you are willing to learn
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE TEAM
You will be joining the Product Engineering teams enabling Operational Excellence at TIER. We empower multiple users across our global markets to monitor the state of our fleet, steer the tasks happening on the ground, and extract the insights needed in order to ensure an outstanding service for our customers and cities. We focus on maximizing service availability, operational efficiency, and fleet lifespan. You will be at the driving wheel of new projects in Ops; working with highly motivated teammates in cross-functional teams, to solve tough problems for our rangers, mechanics, and operation managers. We strive to be a reference team within TIER, continuously delivering reliable and scalable solutions, through fast-paced collaboration and a strong mindset towards experimentation, lean development, and quality-first - all while having fun!
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
- Enjoy amazing views at our centrally located office at Potsdamer Platz, with a variety of different restaurants and great transport connections
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!