THIS IS US
Basically we're changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We're on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. Climate-neutral TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility, with a mission to change mobility for good.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, +140 cities have chosen us across 15 markets. More than +950 people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. In November 2020, TIER successfully raised $250m in Series C funding to accelerate our ambitious plans, with investors such as SoftBank, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
To support us on our journey, we’re searching for a Senior Financial Controller South-Western Europe & Middle East, reporting to the regional Head of Finance. Sustainability is at the core of what we do. Hence your primary objective will be to ensure we scale at a rapid pace, and in a financially viable way.
The ideal candidate has proven experience in controlling, and shows the right set of soft skills to grow in the region as a finance business partner to countries’ management teams.
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER:
- Help improve the overall controlling and planning culture on the team
- Design and implement effective and scalable cost control practices across the region; support country management teams in closely monitoring their performance accordingly;
- Improve the reliability of our P&L: develop the teams’ understanding of financial processes; Support the monthly closing process, through the review of provisions and accruals alongside the business;
- Support country teams in the reforecasting / annual budgeting process: gradually establish yourself as a thought partner for the GMs in setting demanding, yet realistic targets for their markets;
- Support the Regional Head of Finance in the monthly business/financial reviews:
- Support the HoF in the analysis of country / city performances and variance analysis;
- Support the HoF in identifying key levers of profitability / areas for cost optimization, in order to contribute to continuous profitability improvement across the business;
- Benchmark city performances and identify best practices from across Tier to constantly improve performance in the SWE-ME region;
- Support in preparing documentation for Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reviews; Monitor business performance, competitive trends and contribute to identifying risks and opportunities ahead in the region;
- Over time, support local investment decisions
- Support investment decision in market: support the country’s leadership teams in arbitraging between speed and costs on an ongoing basis; support them in assessing and balancing the ROI and strategic impact of decisions taken;
- Contribute to leading tight cash management practices: educating on the cash impact of decisions, and cash velocity metrics;
- Drive financial workstreams in tenders, as part of the tender team; price our proposal and enable team to make the most relevant trade-offs;
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years professional experience in auditing and/or controlling;
- You are attentive to details, yet show an ability to zoom out and see the big picture where needed;
- You are autonomous and curious; you are keen to understand how the business works in real life, and how we are looking to position Tier as a leader in the region;
- You are comfortable talking to a variety of people / stakeholders, and represent finance in the countries;
- You are a problem solver and understand that no situation is ever black or white! Your soft skills and creativity will be key to influence, drive change, and challenge your colleagues where needed;
- You master Excel / modelling and speak fluent English. An additional local language (French, Spanish, Dutch) is a plus.
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
We are looking forward for your application!