THIS IS US
Basically we're changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We're on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. Climate-neutral TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility, with a mission to change mobility for good.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, +140 cities have chosen us across 15 markets. More than +950 people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. In November 2020, TIER successfully raised $250m in Series C funding to accelerate our ambitious plans, with investors such as SoftBank, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
Permanent employee, Full-time
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
You will be joining TIER’s Product Security, Fraud, and Privacy team which extends to all corners of TIER’s operations. You’ll be responsible for protecting customer data, critical business assets, and core functionality from the risk of disruption, misuse, and breaches. You will join the ranks of highly motivated professionals who are skeptical, thorough, collaborative, and supportive. You will develop and run processes which identify, track, and resolve key risks for the company, as well as proactively seek out potential vulnerabilities.
- Making sure TIER's core product is secure throughout its life cycle, from inception to release
- Assessing software security vulnerabilities and overall risk within the TIER infrastructure, mobile applications, upcoming designs, and service integrations
- Performing threat modeling and effective reporting for identified concerns, and proposing valid solutions
- Providing recommendations for missing controls, improved detection and prevention of fraud & abuse, as well as the safety of customer data
- Increasing awareness with the different teams at TIER as well as with external contributors to further the goals of information security
- Collaborating closely with our development team with the goal being: from the time the developers put code down to when it's released it should be secure!
- Taking ownership of projects, informing stakeholders, providing routine updates, and adapting to any impediments
- Bringing in new knowledge into the team and sharing your knowledge as well as mentoring or teaching the more junior colleagues
- Responding to emergency incidents with the highest priority and performing investigations, even if that means responding to an incident outside of your normal working hours
- Keeping a close eye on the changing landscape of information security by following feeds for new vulnerabilities and staying up-to-date, as well as occasionally attending conferences
- Thinking from an attacker’s perspective so that you can be one step ahead
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 4+ years of experience in security engineering or a similar qualification
- Excellent with Cloud security design and implementation within AWS or Google Cloud, otherwise CICD Pipeline or SDLC
- Being an Ethical Hacker, “pentester”, or similar with the enthusiasm to tinker and break functionality and process flows
- Experience with secure design and testing of mobile applications
- Passionate for following & encouraging the best security practices for secure design, operations, and awareness
- Approachable, informative, and assertive for all things security
- You've worked with development teams before and can build strong rapports between security and development
- Proven experience with researching, deploying, and configuring security solutions, such as web application firewalls, IDS / IPS, and SAST / DAST
- Not necessary for the role, though experience with hardware pentesting, a background in DevSecOps, and / or relevant security certification(s), such as OSCP and CISSP would be a big plus and make you stand out of the bunch!
- Full professional proficiency in English
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
- Enjoy amazing views at our centrally located office at Potsdamer Platz, with a variety of different restaurants and great transport connections
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!