THIS IS US
Basically we're changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We're on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. Climate-neutral TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility, with a mission to change mobility for good.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, +140 cities have chosen us across 15 markets. More than +950 people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. In November 2020, TIER successfully raised $250m in Series C funding to accelerate our ambitious plans, with investors such as SoftBank, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
Permanent employee, Full-time
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
At Tier, we are hiring a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing hardware team helping to develop the most cutting edge micrombility solutions that will change transpiration for good. In this role you will be presented with a unique opportunity to see and experience your work directly impacting on the way people commute in cities. Design of shared mobility vehicles poses many challenging engineering problems balancing durability, ease of use, and cost. The ideal candidate for this role has a proven track record of delivering designs to production, with experience in failure anailis, testing and DFx. As part of this function you will be mostly focusing on developing new products and rolling out improvements to the current fleet of vehicles and infrastructure.
These will be your responsibilities
- Design of new components, solving complex and exciting mechanical problems relating to micro mobility.
- Owing assemblies and subassemblies of parts and progressing them from concept through prototypes to mass production
- Preparation of parts for production, developing necessary documentation 2D drawing, assembly flows, BoMs and design packs that can be shared with manufacturing vendors.
- Creation of manufacturing jigs, production tools.
- Supporting manufacturing, product realisation and testing workstreams to deliver a safe and reliable product to market.
- Building prototypes, planning and executing testing activities and analysing their results with techniques like fault finding and root cause analysis
You’re offering these qualifications and experience
- At least 3+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- Proven track record in designing products for high-volume production
- Contagious passion for complex, precise and well engineered products
- Proficiency in engineering for plastic and metal production processes
- Experience in taking mechanical designs from a vision to production including tolerance documentation, vendor management and DFMA methodologies for product optimization
- Familiarity with material properties & testing standards for corrosion, UV, fatigue & wear resistance
- Professional experience in automotive, commercial vehicles, bicycle manufacturing, rugged, weatherproof products, consumer electronics,EV charging infrastructure or related industry
- High proficiency in SolidWorks software including surfacing and sheet metal design
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex environment under challenging timing constraints
- Willing to travel
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
- Enjoy amazing views at our centrally located office at Potsdamer Platz, with a variety of different restaurants and great transport connections
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!