THIS IS US
Basically we're changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We're on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. Climate-neutral TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility, with a mission to change mobility for good.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, +100 cities have chosen us across 12 markets. More than +950 people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. In November 2020, TIER successfully raised $250m in Series C funding to accelerate our ambitious plans, with investors such as SoftBank, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your applications, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride.
Permanent employee, Full-time
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Be part of a fully cross-functional team and work closely together with backend/frontend engineers, product designers, and product managers.
- Design and ship solutions that improve the experience of millions of users continuously
- Contribute across the stack of the existing microservices and practice full ownership
- Work together with the team to discover and design the next most important feature.
- Design and execute complex experiments to help the team make data-driven decisions.
- Control the behaviour of thousands of vehicles distributed around the world
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You have 5+ years of professional experience
- You are proficient with NodeJS (TypeScript is a plus)
- You are familiar with the restrictions of building services for mobile clients
- You have built systems that can support millions of active users per day
- You are confident with automated testing and high release frequency.
- You are confident with TDD, we are not dogmatic but we write a lot of tests
- You are practical. You can assess and make tradeoffs
- You are motivated to find new ways and drive to improve our best practices
- Any experience in these techs would be great: Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka/RabbitMQ, GitHub, CircleCI, DataDog, Prometheus & Terraform
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE TEAM
Our mission is to solve the "last mile problem" of micro-mobility. We strive to ensure that every user can find the right vehicle, at the right place, at the right time according to their needs!
To answer this problem, we build innovative solutions and we motivate our users to contribute to our mission. We enable battery swapping by leveraging the TIER Energy network, we engage our users to rebalance the fleet by leveraging smart demand and supply predictions and much much more!
We are a truly cross-functional team consisting of frontend and backend engineers, product designers, product managers and data analysts. We partner up with our colleagues from teams like Marketing, Operations, Growth, Business Intelligence and Research to discover opportunities and build consumer-facing products that give our users endorphins!
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!