THIS IS US
Basically we're changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We're on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. Climate-neutral TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility, with a mission to change mobility for good.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, +100 cities have chosen us across 12 markets. More than +950 people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. In November 2020, TIER successfully raised $250m in Series C funding to accelerate our ambitious plans, with investors such as SoftBank, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your applications, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride.
Permanent employee, Full-time, remote possible
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Responsible to grow a group of 30+ people within the next 2 years to a 100+ people strong, diverse and exceptional data team that is excited to lead the company’s way of working with data
- Responsible for the way the data teams facilitate human and machine decisions and their adoption in the company
- Define, build and maintain the way the company is measuring the success of our strategy
- Identify strategic opportunities in our data and incept them into the company (both on human decisions and sophisticated data products)
- Define, build and maintain the data platform in collaboration with participating parties to enable any product team the easy creation of data products
- Data democratization for all employees and federated ownership of data towards the domain owner while upholding the global data governance (which includes GDPR compliance and privacy responsibilities)
- Establish the capability to quickly evaluate the impact of data products through experimentation frameworks
- Build a data sharing strategy towards the cities and influence/participate in emerging or established data sharing standards in the mobility sector
- Find ways to monetize our insights to the city planners or other stakeholders while honouring the privacy of our consumers
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD in a relevant technical field plus 10+ years professional experience in data analytics, science or engineering
- You’re an exceptional business and people leader with at least 5+ years of relevant leadership experience within tech companies at scale
- You’re an an outstanding communicator who can mediate and translate across departments
- You're technically equipped to guide your teams on architectural decisions
- You have a proven track record in growing, leading and structuring data organisations of 100+ FTEs
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE TEAM
Our team consists of smart people (data analysts, analytics engineers, data scientists, data and ML Engineers) with a strong technical background. They are able to deliver amazing data products and are ready to take the next step to influence the way data drives decisions inside of the company if the right leader joins the team.
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
- Work from any of our office locations globally
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!