THIS IS US
Basically we're changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We're on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. Climate-neutral TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility, with a mission to change mobility for good.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, +140 cities have chosen us across 15 markets. More than +950 people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. In November 2020, TIER successfully raised $250m in Series C funding to accelerate our ambitious plans, with investors such as SoftBank, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your applications, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride.
Permanent employee, Full-time
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
Your role is to contribute to your team's purpose by delivering high-quality software that solves real user and business problems. Some key elements include:
- Demonstrating a passion for and implementing software and frontend services with peoples’ needs and interests in mind.
- Being responsible for shaping high-quality software within an agile and test-driven process.
- Finding ways to make your product more human-friendly, no matter if our products are used internally or externally.
- Designing, developing and optimizing state-of-the-art interfaces and interactions in close collaboration with product designers.
- Consistently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support. from other team members and collaborating with multiple teams on larger projects.
- Working with international and interdisciplinary teams from various backgrounds such as design, product management, business and backend.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We'd really want you to:
- Be knowledgeable in modern front-end frameworks and libraries, such as React, Redux, NodeJS, GraphQL and API-intensive applications.
- Understand CI/CD and have a mindset that meets our embraced dev-ops culture.
- Be excited about the problems we are solving and our mission to change mobility for good.
- Be passionate about writing well-structured, efficient and maintainable code, actively keeping the quality of the code base in check.
- Be characterized by excellent analytical skills and a getting-things-done mindset.
- Be open-minded, able to move and learn fast, and have a team-first mentality.
It would be a plus if you also:
- Have experience with CSS and map visualizations.
- Are familiar with the principles of good user experience.
- Have worked at a fast pace, high-growth collaborative environment before.
- Have some Backend experience with NodeJS or willingness to learn.
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE TEAMS
Operational Excellence Swarm
You will be joining the Product Engineering teams enabling Operational Excellence at TIER. We empower multiple users across our global markets to monitor the state of our fleet, steer the tasks happening on the ground, and extract the insights needed in order to ensure an outstanding service for our customers and cities. We focus on maximizing service availability, operational efficiency, and fleet lifespan. You will be at the driving wheel of new projects in Ops; working with highly motivated teammates in cross-functional teams, to solve tough problems for our rangers, mechanics, and operation managers. We strive to be a reference team within TIER, continuously delivering reliable and scalable solutions, through fast-paced collaboration and a strong mindset towards experimentation, lean development, and quality-first - all while having fun!
Monetisation Squad > Pricing Team
The Pricing team strives to make the Pricing Manager experience as smooth as possible. You and your team will be responsible for our smart pricing algorithms, ML models, and rules-based pricing engine. All that builds a dynamic pricing model that has to be accurate and efficient. As good margins are key to our success, you will have the support of and work closely with colleagues from the Pricing, Growth, and Data Products teams.
The Pricing team is a part of the Monetisation Squad, which is in charge of increasing customer lifetime value. The Pricing team optimises our pay as you go pricing based on vehicle and city conditions, such as weather, or supply and demand. Monetisation belongs to the Riders Product Swarm, a group of cross-functional architects, who create an industry leading, frictionless and holistic mobility experience for urban citizens.
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!