Department: Platform Engineering
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As a Senior Developer Experience Engineer at Tide you will be working on improving the developer world at Tide through improved process and tooling around the whole software development lifecycle. You will be working closely with developers - both backend and frontend - ensuring that their tooling works well so they can deliver software from ideas to working and delivered code in an efficient, friction-free and joyful way. You will work notably with source code management (SCM), continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), service catalogue software, testing, monitoring and observability software, and with Kubernetes clusters in AWS.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference to developer’s working practices and tooling in a rapidly expanding company! We trust and empower our Senior engineers to work with purpose on processes and tooling that affect multiple teams and shape the future of Tide’s One Platform.
We work in small autonomous teams, grouped under common domains owning the full lifecycle of some microservices in Tide’s service catalogue. Our engineers self-organise, gather together to discuss technical challenges, and set their own guidelines in the different Communities of Practice regardless of where they currently stand in our Growth Framework.
As a Senior Developer Experience Engineer you’ll be:
- Helping to define and deliver improved source-code management and build processes using GitHub and GitHub Actions, within the regulatory and compliance frameworks that Tide operates under
- Making the best use of
- Helping to define and deliver an improved service catalogue to tie together a complex microservices environment in a friction-free and developer-led fashion
- Working with and improving the complex interactions between Tide’s software deployment pipeline and running infrastructure
- Building self-service tooling to automate frequent tasks, and asserting the needs of developers in this tooling
- Evolving our QA and SRE practices through adoption and expansion of modern tooling
- Homogenising tooling and process across Tide’s development community where it makes sense to do so, carefully defining when it doesn’t
- Contributing to our Communities of Practice by applying your domain experience to help others, and using these initiatives to drive new initiatives and improve others among your fellow engineers
What makes you a great fit:
- Experience in DevOps roles
- Experience with and contributions to Terraform code
- Scripting ability in Python and/or Bash
- Working with infrastructure running in AWS
- Exposure to services running inside of Kubernetes
- Experience with Microservices, running them in different environments and an understanding of how they might interact with each other using published APIs
- A natural gravitation towards defining Infrastructure as Code
- A mindset of collaboration and sharing and a determination to break down silos
- Experience with using cloud SaaS products for software delivery and operation - for example source-code management, continuous integration, monitoring, and feature flags (we currently use GitHub, GitHub Actions, DataDog, Launch Darkly and Backstage but we don’t expect you to have necessarily used these specific tools)
- Have experience engineering scalable and reliable solutions in a cloud-native environment
- Have experience integrating with various third party providers and partners
- Have experience with relational databases.
- Are comfortable working in an agile environment
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working options
- Stock options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.