Location: London - Hybrid
Department: Financial Services
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As Director of Acquiring at Tide, you’ll be responsible for leading our payment acceptance offering. This covers both Tide-label products or partner-label products.
We have recently launched our initial merchant acquiring MVS, payment links, and are starting to pilot Point of Sale (POS). Our strategy is strictly focussed on the 470,000 small businesses (8.5% market share) that Tide serves. The focus will be primarily on POS but not exclusively.
Rather than standalone solutions, our offering is deeply connected to our other products and embedded into our platform, differentiating our proposition and delivering our mission of saving our members time (and money).
You will be responsible for taking this winning approach to the next level. This is a global role, after building a strong positioning in the UK, we are just starting out in India and have plans for further internationalisation.
Your team of global Product Managers will work closely with Engineering and Design for product delivery and with the country teams for marketing and member service.
As Director of Acquiring:
- Defining the strategy and product vision for Tide’s payment acceptance to deliver our mission of saving our members time (and money)
- Innovating and taking the product to the next level by fully optimising the connectivity to other products on the platform
- Providing commercial leadership and direction to grow acquiring revenue
- Partnering with engineering, product design, analytics, marketing, and finance leadership to develop the operating structure and processes to deliver on business objectives
- Managing the internal stakeholders and their requirements along with your vision for the product
- Leading, mentoring, and developing a growing team of experienced product managers
- Bring to the table a deep vertical understanding of acquiring, online and POS in the UK market.
- Hands on and in the detail, we lead by example, we build at Tide and this role requires a startup mentality to tackle all issues to get the product live, stable.
- Focus on getting the right product market fit, is a must, we do this with data, continually at Tide
What makes you a great fit:
- Deep subject matter expertise in merchant acquiring; ideally you will have experience in a multi-country Europe context, however, vertical understanding of the UK is a must.
- Extensive knowledge of the use case of ‘Card Acceptance’ both online and via POS, risk management and payment security industry, including card, alternative and local payment processing
- Significant B2B experience managing commercial deals through the entire lifecycle; exceptional deal management, deal structuring, negotiation and leadership skills; ability to structure key terms and conditions to accommodate specific risks and constraints; demonstrated ability managing with partners
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a C-level executives to present Tide’s strategic vision and negotiate effectively on behalf of the company
- Extreme commercial ownership with prior experience of setting goals, delivering KPIs and P&Ls, and managing partner / vendor tender processes.
- You have a deep understanding of product development processes using OKRs, agile frameworks and working with API based micro service architectures.
- Proven leadership skills with experience in leading globally distributed teams.
- Strategic thinker who can evolve the Merchant Acquiring strategy within the context of Tide’s overall strategy.
- Deep knowledge of Agile ways of working, is 100% familiar with Agile frameworks, Scrum, and or Kanban and can write stories and manage a backlog, this is a must. At Tide we build software using Agile methodologies, everyday, if you do not have this expertise, please do not apply.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for up to 90 days a year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.