You're joining Tide at a really exciting time, as we build and scale our credit offering. Your leadership will be strategic for Tide to develop and deliver data driven credit products to enable our members to focus on doing what they love. If you are looking for a challenge to innovate Credit, this is your chance to join a team with passion to scale the credit portfolios and leverage data to deliver member centric credit solutions.
As a Head of Underwriting and Portfolio Management, you will:
- Develop Credit Risk strategies and policies, deliver them and measure their performance
- Own the P&L impact of our Credit Policies:
- Balance approval rates and loss rates in order to optimise commercial impact
- Monitor performance of credit portfolio to ensure it hits commercial KPIs
- Monitor and adjust the composition of the credit portfolio in order to ensure limited exposure to correlated risk factors.
- Adopt a continuous improvement mind-set, constantly identifying opportunities to enhance processes/procedures and adopt new tools/technologies
- Ensure compliance or Credit Policy with relevant laws and regulation
- Reporting to the VP of Credit you will work in partnership with Data Science, Product Management, Collections and the Risk and Compliance team who will act as the second line of defence
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Create a framework to assess and optimise profitability of current credit policies
- Identify opportunities to to better manage risk by
- Identifying and acquiring additional data sources as needed
- Identifying additional rules to filter out unprofitable segment
- Constantly measure, assess and improve our credit policies across all products
- Create monitoring dashboards and presentations for senior management, credit committees and auditors, recommending which decisions to make
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Credit Risk or Analytics role in the Credit sector role, ideally in Fintech or within financial institutions in a retail, small business lending or commercial banking risk area.
- Solid commercial acumen and a robust understanding of the economics underpinning revolving credit portfolios gained through either consultancy or direct work in a financial institution.
- Strong technical knowledge and credibility quantitative risk management, statistical modelling, linear and non-linear optimization or similar. Background in machine learning and artificial intelligence are not required but a plus.
- Work experience in an credit risk environment with automated processes and data driven decisioning tools/culture.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work effectively with external counter-parties, including external data providers.
- Experience in IFRS9 is not required but an advantage.
- Proficiency with analytical tools and visualization software (e.g., Excel, Tableau, Looker)
- Attention to detail and quality of the deliverables and a growth mindset
- You holds a university degree within a relevant area (maths, physics, statistics, engineering, economics or equivalent with quantitative focus). Advanced degrees will be beneficial here, but considered in parallel with industry experience and expertise.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies serving around 7% of all UK SMEs. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love - for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.