We’re looking for a bright, talented Design Operations Manager who is passionate about brilliant customer experiences, and knows how to make them happen.
Your work will shape how our Small & Medium-sized Enterprises customers (‘members’) use the Tide financial platform to help to grow their business and save their time and money.
This is a key hire in the product design team, we see design operations as central to our sustainable growth as we expand the reach and impact of design at Tide, while keeping a relentless focus on our members' needs.
Reporting to the Head of Product Design, you will be responsible for the operational effectiveness of the product design team. You’ll work closely with our partners across product and delivery to identify pain points in the design process, propose pragmatic improvements, measure effectiveness and feed back ongoing improvements.
You’ll focus on improving efficiency, consistency, and quality in four core areas of design operations:
- Tools - harmonising design tools to streamline processes across all product verticals
- Process - using data to pinpoint bottlenecks in the current product design process identifying root causes
- Communication - ensuring ongoing, clear and effective communication between design, product and engineering teams
- Team - building our design thinking culture, retaining and hiring the best people
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Owning the day-to-day running of the product design team, including practical, hands on support for process improvement, tooling and recruitment, in line with commercial priorities and overall product design strategy.
- Helping create and maintain a high-performing Product Design team; improving the onboarding experience, training opportunities and skills-mapping, recognition of performance
- Developing the governance and metrics for our Design system
- Nurturing the design community to thrive through the creation and coordination of inspiring programs, processes, training, and events to foster learning and innovation
- Instigating a continuous improvement program to bring the design team together across locations and to develop strong communication, better ways of working, and a positive, motivating, and inspiring working culture.
- Contributing to new ways to build the external presence and awareness of the Tide’s design community.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have experience as a design operations manager, digital producer, project manager, or program manager with experience establishing operational effectiveness in design teams
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and see that as an opportunity to drive change
- You are comfortable working within a scale-up environment, and can navigate the challenges and advantages of a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- You've brought demonstrable operational efficiency to a growing team of Product Designers, Content Designers, and Researchers who need to deliver digital products at speed, in a modern, agile environment
- You share our Tidean values: data-driven, one team, and member-first
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love - for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.