As a senior member of the Cloud Engineering team, you’ll be working to provide tools, guardrails and advice to Tide’s engineers, enabling them to provision the cloud infrastructure they need to build out Tide’s extensive feature roadmap. You’ll also be tasked with ensuring the availability and security of our AWS-hosted, containerised microservices platform, and working to ensure that we’re ready to scale in line with our big international ambitions.
You’ll help us to scale our engineering function by providing standardised deployment pipelines, superior tooling and pursuing a desire to automate everything. Our aim for 2021 is to ensure that no engineer needs to wait for us to do their job - we’re aggressively pursuing a self-service model, working on tooling, and chasing down a backlog of tasks that machines are better at than humans.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Building a rapid deployment pipeline to roll out new infrastructure environments in minutes
- Helping to remove Tide’s legacy infrastructure and standardise on modern, managed infrastructure
- Finding creative ways to remove awkward manual maintenance tasks
- Ensuring automatic compliance with Tide’s security standards and maintaining the security of our network perimeter
- Providing stable, secure, scalable core platform services like databases, Kafka, hardware security modules and container orchestration
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have at least 4+ years of experience into Cloud DevOps
- You have experience in writing Terraform automation scripts
- You have strong understanding of Docker
- You have good experience in writing Python scripts
- You have experience with a container orchestration tool like Kubernetes, ECS or Swarm
- You have wide-ranging experience with AWS
- You have a desire to build pipelines for everything
- You have a can-do attitude with an ability to own problems and see things through
- You have an appreciation of software engineering principles
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love - for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Family Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leaves
- Term & Life Insurance
- Learning & Development Budget
- Family & Friendly Leaves
- Special dental allowance
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.