We’re looking for a bright, talented Product Designer who is passionate about brilliant customer experiences, and knows how to make them happen. The impact and scope of this role are huge, and you’ll be a key contributor to our continued success as we shape the future of our financial platform for Small & Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs).
Your work here will shape how our customers (Tide ‘Members’) interact with their finances on a daily basis, helping them to grow their business and giving them time back to do what they love.
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside experienced product designers, content designers and researchers - and hand-in-hand with developers, data scientists, product owners, and VPs to define, design, build and shape a world-class SME financial platform.
We want to create a financial platform that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from underrepresented demographics.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
● You'll be embedded in a cross-functional Product Design squad, responsible for key
design artifacts, and led by a Member-first, Design Thinking approach
● You'll deeply understand the members you're designing for. Whether it's joining user
research sessions, gleaning previous insights, digging into usage analytics, or running
your own research and analysis, you'll strive to understand the what, why, and how of
the problems you're solving. So we create products that save our Members time and
● You’ll play a key role in the growth & development of our design system; you’ll support
the design system team and help define, develop, grow, document, communicate, tutor
and evangelise the design system to all internal teams.
○ Closely collaborate with the design system technical partner to improve the
design system, its governance, its community and its toolchain
○ Be accountable for the design and technical alignments and decisions around
design system components across Tide by defining and engaging in internal
○ Document usage guidelines and specifications for standards, components, and
patterns in figma and zeroheight.
○ Create product standards, components and patterns in collaboration with the
product design and technical partners taking into account state-of-the art
responsiveness, native mobile design, best practices for web and mobile
You’ll work with colleagues across Tide to forge inclusive, accessible and meaningful Member
experiences, delivered via our digital products..
● Helping to raise the bar for design at Tide. We're a small but mighty team of Tideans
where every designer plays a critical role in improving our community of
practice—whether that's through improving our craft skills and leading rituals to giving
● You'll work to help make sure our long-term strategy, business goals, and experience
quality are all aligned and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
● Minimum 3 years’ relevant commercial experience in a comparable UX or Product Design
role, ideally from a SAAS or Fintech background
● Demonstrable commercial experience in either creating, maintaining or extending
Digital Product Design Systems for a digital platform
● Proficiency in Figma
● Experience with zeroheight or similar solutions
● In-depth knowledge of User Experience and Product Design methodologies - including
Design Thinking - across the full range of user-centred design activities
● A flexible, creative and pragmatic approach to the challenges of designing digital
● Demonstrable experience of using prototyping tools (Figma is a must) to visualise ideas,
and create high-fidelity prototypes
● Data-driven and confident to advise design choices based on customer research,
business priority and technical constraints
● Experience of the full cycle of Design Thinking, from understanding the problem, to
creating design solutions
● Passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you'll design with all our
members in mind.
● Experience of working in an agile environment
● Ability to influence product owners, engineering teams and other designers; keen to
advocate for best solution; ample pragmatism to realise when compromise is needed
● Experience in retail banking or other retail financial services
● Recent experience working on a consumer-facing UK or Indian mobile app
● Basic understanding of Flutter
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love - for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.