Role Title: Primary Care provider.
Location: West Los Angeles area
Manager: LA Clinic Manager
Role Summary: As a Primary Care physician at Tia in Los Angeles, your role is to deliver exceptional clinical care in line with the Tia care model which employs an integrative approach to whole person women’s healthcare. In this role your time will be spent providing direct patient care and serving as a core beacon for the Tia philosophy of care.
- Achieve excellence
- Ask why, then why again
- Use the tools in the Tia tool kit: integrating new research, integrative approaches to care and evidenced based practice into management and treatment decisions.
- Engage in shared decision-making with patients
- Integrity in patient care
- Holistic patient care
- Personalized care
- Insist on diversity
- Be compassionate
- Excellent problem perception
- Highly process oriented
- Flexibility / adaptability in a start-up environment
- Integrate non-standard approaches into clinical practice
- Work with non-clinical personnel
- Rally the troops through dynamic and changing environments (delete)
- Keep the design in mind while making decisions
- Escalate care concerns effectively
- Holding people accountable
- Clear communication
- Excellent client service orientation
- Deliver patient-centric care
- Completed formal medical training, ideally with experience in women’s care with an integrative practice approach
- Licensed as an independent health care provider in the state of CA (MD or DO) and in good standing in the medical community, including hospital-affiliated systems.
- Maintains active privileges at our affiliated hospitals in the region and/or other hospitals deemed appropriate by Tia
- Familiarity with regulations and requirements for care providers
- Ability to collaborate and/or supervise Tia Nurse Practitioners in accordance with current state licensing and regulatory requirements.
- Willingness to serve as a collaborating physician with nurse practitioners and/or physician assistants and maintain signed and current collaborative agreements per state law
Practice within the Tia Care model at the Los Angeles clinic
- Embody the Tia clinical model in practice at the Clinic
- Participates in team trainings
- Effectively integrate new elements of the Tia Care model that are being testing into the Tia system
- Use Tia tech platforms and documentation systems to optimize communication and supports appropriate billing
- Participate in Lunch and Learn sessions at Tia, hosting some didactic sessions on your own area of expertise as well as participating in others
- Appropriately engage, collaborate and/or supervise Tia nurse practitioners or physician extenders as required by current state mandates.
Ensure an excellent patient experience while balancing clinical requirements
- See any and all patients requiring care, regardless of whether they are Tia or personally acquired; deliver both patient sets an amazing experience
- Effectively handle escalations relating to patient satisfaction or clinical issues that need escalation in care
Effectively escalates issue at the clinic to the appropriate leadership when necessary
- Reports on technology performance giving constructive feedback to the technology team— helping to dive into issues that are impacting practice.
- Reports to Tia and site clinic leadership on operational or clinical model issues
- Reports to the SVP of Medical Affairs on issues relating to care quality concerns among care providers from the LA sites
Per California Pay Transparency Laws (as of Jan 1, 2022), please see below for the compensation range for this role
(Salary range 230k-250k) depending on experience for a 40 hour a week (FT role) plus performance-based bonuses.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary
- Annual CME stipend
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!