Role Summary: As a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner at Tia, your role in this transformative healthtech company will be foundational in setting the tone for the mental health care delivered at Tia. You will work closely and collaboratively with a growing multidisciplinary team of Therapists, MDs, NPs, and Acupuncturists in a virtual primary care setting ensuring optimal patient care. You will conduct responsible and compassionate psychiatric assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, medication management, and referrals. You will also work cross-functionally to weave the mental health perspective into our educational offerings, supporting the clinical team in case consultation, health education / guidance, quality and policy development through collaboration and staying abreast of current trends and best care practices.
A bit about you:
Values and abilities you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re motivated to elevate women’s care by bringing a shared-decision making approach to women’s health.
- You believe that each woman knows her body best, though she may need help interpreting what the signs mean. Your mission as a woman’s healthcare provider is to help your patients understand those signs and develop robust, multi-faceted treatment plans to reach health goals. You practice this by being a true partner on a patient’s health journey, never dogmatic, rigid or glued to institutions.
- You are an incredibly good question-asker & prober, this allows you to identify nuances of a patient's life that could be pertinent to their story. You’re like a detective -- but you do this with an elegance that makes the patient feel at ease sharing deeply personal information.
- You’re facile with technology, comfortable and experienced providing high quality care digitally via telemedicine and interested in the process of developing new technology to support the highest quality clinical care..
- You’re data driven and consistently incorporate new and evolving research into your day-to-day practice
- You’re a high functioning multi-tasker who has an incredible ability to stay calm and focused under pressure - this is a given - you are a NP after all! .
- You are a tolerant and inclusive thinker. You believe in sex-positive, no judgement and radically inclusive healthcare for every person, and espouse these values in your everyday life.
Skills and assets you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re a board certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with an active and unrestricted license in the state of California, able to provide patient centered mental health and psychiatric care with compassion and empathy. While experience providing virtual care in the past is not a must - it is highly desired!
- At least 2 years post graduate clinical experience.
- Confidence prescribing, titrating, refilling, and monitoring psychotropic medications in all 5 major classes (anti-anxiety agents, antidepressants, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, and stimulants)
- Experience with the following: Adjustment disorders, anxiety, depression, trauma, personality disorders, substance use and dependence, cognitive impairment, bipolar spectrum, attention-related disorders, postpartum depression, schizoaffective disorders, sleep disorders, and acute psychosis
- Knowledge and expertise in facilitating extended mental healthcare interventions in the greater NYC-area, greater LA-area, greater SF Bay Area or greater Phoenix area (ie. referrals and social service resources)
- Documentation skills requirements for an accurate and complete medical record
- Collaborate closely with MH and NP Leads to identify and support high-risk patients
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in Interpreting and act on clinical labs + ultrasound results
- Willingness to work evenings + weekends as needed by schedule
- Authorized to work in the US
Other “nice to have” skills:
- As an organization that seeks to create an environment for all women to feel safe, heard, recognized and avowed in their health, bodies and lives, we are consistently seeking providers with backgrounds that are meaningfully different from those already forming our team. You bring a diverse background, a range of care experiences in different communities or various modalities.
- Formal professional training in the following areas is highly valued: care delivery for women who have experienced trauma including having a lived experience of abuse,, decision making support for low-income women, care delivery for LGBTQ identified folks, care delivery for immigrant or migrant or english-as-a-second-language support populations.
- A strong understanding of & interest in chronic stress and trauma as it relates to immune system compromise and inflammatory response systems is a plus.
- Experience or formal training weaving integrative medicine practices into your care plan development.
- Contracted with major payers (BCBS / Anthem, Cigna, Aetna, United)
Tia requires that Nurse Practitioners complete credentialing with specified payors and that you authorize Tia to complete this credentialing through our preferred vendors.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Remote role with flexibility to work from home
- Market competitive salary
- Annual CME stipend
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Per California Pay Transparency Laws (as of Jan 1, 2022), please see below for the compensation range for this role:
Salary range: 140k-160K depending on experience for a 40 hour a week (FT role) plus performance-based bonuses.
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.