Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Tia serves over 30,000 women annually with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
About our culture:
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.
Role Title: Director of Data
Manager: President & Co-founder
Location: SF / NYC / Remote
Role Summary: In this role you’ll be a core part of Tia’s business operations team (BizOps), driving critical insights for the business and Tia’s products to infuse the strategic initiatives of the company with data driven insights
If you hold the vision that data should be at the core of company strategy, shape OKR plans or business performance evaluation, and be used to better equip functional areas across the organization to perform better – this is a role for you. This role will serve two core functions – influence business strategy & objectives and support the Innovation Team in building products and evolving services to better serve the needs of our patients & achieve outstanding clinical quality.
Within the business strategy pillar of the role, the core responsibility is to drive insights from Tia’s various data sources and use those insights to partner cross functionally to set business strategy and drive outcomes. You will shape the forward-looking strategic initiatives within the company and then partner with the various delivery teams (e.g. marketing, clinical, operations, finance) to ensure that we are tracking and measuring against our goals.
The second pillar of this role is to deeply partner with the product and engineering teams to both (1) provide user insights and (2) to support in the build of data driven products. You will also closely partner with the platform engineering team to design + support implementation of our data management systems (eg Tableau, AWS, 3rd party & partner data pipelines)
A rockstar candidate for this role will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Deeply curious – about data and about the organization that creates it (ie wants to understand the product, operations and clinical elements of the business)
- Strong orientation towards impact over effort – will screenshot their terminal and throw it into a doc / deck without fan fair, much more effort put into ‘doing good’ over ‘looking good’
- Experimentation oriented – with a strong passion for experimental hygiene
- Highly skeptical yet not prone to analysis paralysis – wants to get to the insight and then move the business to action
- Organizationally aware – given the role requires a deep level of cross functional partnering & reporting directly into the President, needs to come with an ability to synthesize, use time wisely, adeptness at ‘partnering’ and org navigation
Requirements for the role:
- 3-5 years working in Data Science field
- Python, SQL
- Data viz / data manipulation
Nice to have experience (but not required)
- Integration with product teams to build data-driven products
- Experience using mixpanel, tableau
- Experience building data infrastructure – using AWS + S3 into data lakes / setting up Tableau infra / supporting new import services into database
- Healthcare experience, especially in RCM or Clinical Quality
- Data analytics to support critical business insights: Tia uses insights about its patients, delivery operations, revenue cycle management (RCM) machine and clinical outcomes data to shape its strategic priorities. In this role, you’ll be at the center of supporting the BizOps team in identifying insights that can lead to business strategy, and enabling teams to hit them. You’ll participate in running parts of the OKR process & participating in ELT, SLT and BoD meetings.
- Own and develop data projects end-to-end, from data cleaning to presentation handoff. Examples:
- Predictive churn modeling
- Marketing attribution model
- Member feedback, sentiment analysis
- Data-intensive deep dives
- Clinical quality performance measurement
- Product development: Tia is reimagined model for women’s care that is oriented around engaging women in preventive healthcare needs; we use data to evaluate when a woman needs care + how to best recommend care to her. In this role you’ll support the product team in driving towards insights, building products that drive activation & retention of our patient population, and also measure / predict clinical outcomes & report on clinical quality.
- Partner with the product team to perform analyses / deliver insights that improve development
- Partner with our engineering team to build models powering data-driven products.
- Drive data intelligence across the organization: A critical part of building a data driven organization is enabling other leaders & departments to manage through data. A big part of this role is to “teach others to fish” by setting up “self service” tools and training teams how to perform their own analysis / think through a data driven lens.
- Develop and scale analytics tools (e.g. Tableau) across Tia. Teaching, building dashboards, checking work etc. You’ll need to establish definitions for critical metrics, how they are measured and sources-of-truth. Examples:
- Revenue cycle model
- Membership model
- 30-month rolling retention metric
- Collections model
- Develop key dashboards and views to enable the business to quickly make decisions
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.