Role Title: Part-Time Mental Health Therapist, Group Care
Manager: Manager, Mental Health Delivery
Availability: 18 hours-Tues, Wed, Thur after 3pm; Friday, Mid Day (your timezone)
Tia is a full-stack women's healthcare business that builds products, tools and clinical services virtually and in person to help every woman be her own patient advocate and get meaningfully better healthcare. We’re putting the soul back in medicine, one patient and one provider at a time through a care philosophy that is reimagined to listen to and empower women to actively take control of their healthcare. The care philosophy that supports our patients is also built to support clinicians who are the heart and soul of the care Tia is able to provide. In order to do that - we need YOU!
Read more about Tia’s:
- Products: https://asktia.com/article/what-is-product-at-tia
- Services: https://asktia.com/
- Care principles: https://www.asktia.com/care-philosophy/
Role Summary: As a Mental Health Therapist, Group Care, you will provide exceptional care to Tia’s members by leading mental health groups. As we evolve our mental health offering to build on the values of community and connection we will look to you to lead group sessions with Tia members on topics in line with your comfort and experience - with the goal of making Tia’s members healthier - understanding that mental health and physical health are deeply connected. The majority of this role will be rooted in providing direct care in a group setting, however we will also look to you to help shape and build the future of Tia’s mental health offerings providing a unique opportunity for a mental health practitioner to deliver care and also build a unique, high quality and sustainable mental health offering that is integrated into Tia’s larger care model. This role is a Part-Time, 18 hour/week role.
A bit about you:
Values and abilities you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re motivated to elevate integrated women’s care by bringing the following values to the care you provide to clients:
- Integrity in patient care
- Holistic patient care
- Be driven to achieve excellence
- A shared-decision making approach to clinical care
- You excel in collaborative and multidisciplinary environments. You know when and how to escalate and also are a keen problem solver who works well independently and prides themself on professional ownership.
- You’re facile with technology, comfortable and (ideally) experienced providing high quality care digitally via teletherapy and open to delivering care in person in one or many of our core markets (LA, NY, SF or Phoenix) in the future.
- You have clinical experience and expertise in delivering high quality group based mental health interventions either group therapy, support groups or group based workshops.
- You are a tolerant and inclusive thinker and leader. You believe in sex-positive, no judgment and radically inclusive healthcare for every person, and espouse these values in your everyday life.
Skills and assets you’ll bring to Tia:
- You have an active license in clinical psychology, counseling or social work (PhD, PsyD, LMFT/LCSW/LPCC/LMHC) from an accredited university with an active and unrestricted independent license(s) in the state of California or New York.
- Experience and expertise facilitating group mental health modalities including support groups, workshops and/or group therapy
- Experience and a passion for caring for women through life transitions, experiencing anxiety and/or depression and who may have experienced trauma is ideal
- Exceptional clinical skills demonstrated with 2+ years of direct psychotherapy experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Incredible relationship builder, with a track record of patients returning week after week for appointments
- Availability to facilitate groups during the times our members need it most–which may include daytime, afternoon, and/or evening hours. In the future this role may require weekend availability.
- Authorized to work in the US
Other “nice to have” skills:
- As an organization that seeks to create an environment for all women to feel safe, heard, recognized and avowed in their health, bodies and lives, we are consistently seeking providers with backgrounds that are meaningfully different from those already forming our team. You bring a diverse background, a range of care experiences in different communities or various modalities.
- A strong understanding of & interest in chronic stress and trauma as it relates to whole person health
- Experience in a start-up or healthcare technology environment - especially if this experience includes experimenting with various care delivery options for mental health care.
- Deliver high quality and evidence based mental health care
- Use your experience and expertise to deliver high quality mental health care services
- Lead inclusive and outcome oriented group based mental health interventions
- Thought leadership and building
- Bring your on the ground experience and vision for mental health offerings at Tia to the Manager, Mental Health Delivery and other interdisciplinary teams in order to iterate, build and deliver an exceptional mental health offering to Tia’s members
- Collaborate with other clinicians to create a culture of integrated collaboration - bringing a mental health lens to care plan and program development
- Bring flexibility to your work - knowing that Tia is working to build sustainable and high quality mental health offerings and the role and mental health offerings will likely evolve with time.
- Maintain licensure and appropriate re-certifications
- Ensure you maintain licensure in any market where licensure is advised and required for the role and are holding appropriate re-certifications and continuing education credits
- Willingness to be credentialed with major payors
- While today’s group offering will not be billed through payors the intention is that future offerings may include services covered by insurance. Thus we are looking to recruit clinicians who are able and willing to be credentialed through major payors
Per California Pay Transparency Laws (as of Jan 1, 2023), please see below for the compensation range for a Part-Time Mental Health Therapist, Group Care role: $70 - $72/hr
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary
Tia is an equal opportunity employer