Role Title: Payroll & Benefits Manager
Location: This is a fully remote position.
Role Summary: The Payroll/Benefits Manager will lead and be responsible for full-cycle payroll and benefits administration at Tia. This role will report directly to the Sr. Director, People Operations and indirectly to Tia’s Controller.
- Responsible for payroll administration, maintain & update payroll database system
- Process, review and balance semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll.
- Ensure payroll transactions are processed correctly for time, earnings, benefits, deductions, taxes, garnishments, and other items that affect pay &/or company liability
- Collaborate with key department stakeholders to evaluate, own and scale efficiencies in contractor and consultant invoices
- Work closely with the Finance to ensure timely and accurate payments of salaries, bonuses, etc.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce administration costs, increase efficiency and move towards automation where possible
- Remains up-to-date and compliant on all payroll state registrations and deductions; register with localities/states as needed
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employees
- $97,000 - $140,000
- Administer benefit programs, consult with and advise employees on eligibility for all insurances (including Workers Comp), 401(k), paid time off, etc.
- Ensure that employees understand benefit programs and counsel employees as situations arise. Work as liaison with insurance carriers/broker and employees to resolve issues.
- Manage annual open enrollment and implement new benefits programs
- Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and reports necessary or suggested changes to HR leadership
- Manage employment verification tasks, unemployment claims, and support managers to process termination paperwork
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package
- The ability and willingness to work cross functionally across the organization
- The ability to offer high levels of support to our staff
- The ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization with a high level of clarity, compassion, and sense of urgency to resolve issues
- Prior experience running in payroll in ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Experience managing the payroll function for exempt and nonexempt employees (start-up and/or healthcare experience a plus)
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13" Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!