Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.
Role Title: Product Operations Manager
Location: This is a fully remote position; NY, SF or LA preferred
Manager: Ari Saft
Role Summary: As Tia’s Product Operations Manager, you will be responsible for working closely with our Product Innovation team to ensure they are delivering high quality products to their partners. In this role, you will work cross functionally to identify and elevate key product feedback from Tia’s Care Team. Additionally, you will provide ongoing product support for Tia’s Care Team including, but not limited to: bugs, outages, training, educational materials.
We are looking for someone who thrives in ambiguity and doesn't shy away from tough problems. This exciting journey is only beginning - come join us!
- High technical acumen and ability to understand complex features & how they interact with one another
- Ability to translate technical concepts and instructions into non-technical terms for internal and external communication and with customers
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professionals and lead with empathy
- Strongly adheres to process but can navigate ambiguity and dive into new workflows without all processes
- Creative & open minded
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment and frequent change
- High degree of problem perception
- Bias towards action
- Strong attention to detail
- Cross-functional stakeholder management
- Experience with Jira or other ticketing systems a plus
- Proficiency in MS/Google Suite
- Willingness to learn new technologies & frameworks
- Developing processes where needed and driving for continuous improvement
- Experience working in a high growth environment and comfortability jumping into new processes
- Understanding of the healthcare ecosystem a plus
- Identify and elevate product feedback to Product Innovation Team
- Own the product feedback process & iterate if necessary
- Obtain product feedback creatively, consistently and in an actionable manner
- Work closely with Product Managers to prioritize feedback and ensure scope accomplishes customer and business goals
- Conduct periodic user research sessions to evaluate user needs + create an ever evolving + current picture of user desires.
- Evaluate & effectively communicate product updates to stakeholders
- Ensure that stakeholders are getting effective and adequate transparency into product updates
- Ensure that customer-facing teams are ready with the information and processes required to support new products
- Advocate for the team's efforts and communicate regularly (regarding critical fires, on-going issues, project updates, and other items) to keep necessary partners informed of resolution plans
- Provide ongoing support for Care & Operations Team
- Set up processes and practices to appropriately train Care Team (providers, care coordinators) on use of clinical products to support product performance and business goals, including clinical team onboarding sessions, technology manual updates
- Own the product bug process & iterate if necessary
- Be the first point of contact for questions regarding Tia products
- Document and build internal resources for product surface areas
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13" Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!