We are on a mission to enable every female to achieve their own definition of optimal health through science-backed information, access to high-quality care, and community.
We opened our first clinic in 2019 in NYC, with more to follow in New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco this year. Combining virtual and in-person visits, an unwavering commitment to care and accessibility, substantial growth capital and an incredible mission, Tia is poised for rapid growth over the coming years and is building out a world class team to support this expansion.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.
Role: Security Engineer (Generalist)
As a fast-growing, cross-functional team, Tia’s core values include:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Individual Agency
- Aspirational Thinking
Details of the Role
- Type of Work: Full-time
- Location: Remote/San Francisco (USA only - No sponsorship at this time)
At Tia we believe that if you want to fix healthcare you have to fix it for patients and providers. Our responsibility is to ensure both patient and provider safety and accessibility.
In this role you will be a technical contributor on the security team building security tools, implementing security controls, building security alerting infrastructure and liaising between technical teams. You will be an active voice in a small but growing security team.
- You have 2+ years of security related experience
- You have experience using infrastructure as code tools such as: CloudFormation or Terraform
- You are comfortable developing code in a high level language such as: Python, NodeJS, Ruby, etc.
- You have experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- You are familiar with OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities and how they impact an environment
- You are familiar with building security alerts from multiple data sources
- You have some familiarity with control frameworks such as NIST CSF and ISO 27001
- Your enjoy collaborating with external teams and stakeholders, their success is your success
- You’re passionate about building automated tasks to help efficiency
- You don’t dwell on mistakes, you own them and use them as opportunities to to learn and grow from
- You are an active voice and listener in a small but focused security team
- No matter how large, small, complex, or mundane the task, you follow through to the best of your ability and persevere through challenges
What You’ll Do:
- Implement technical security controls into the Tia environment
- Develop tools that assist with identifying and remediating security threats
- Help build our security monitoring infrastructure across our platform
- Ideate, develop and execute technical compliance frameworks into controls
- Review third party applications and tools for security & compliance
- Be a champion of security to stakeholders, team members and outside vendors
Best Parts of the Job:
- You’ll work with a small team that encourages you to learn new things
- You’ll have a wide scope of responsibilities and make impactful change
- You’ll use creativity to solve novel problems and be encouraged to learn new technologies to meet our business goals
- You’ll have an experienced technical manager who deeply cares about your performance and career growth
Worst Parts of the Job
- You’ll have to work with different time zones and environments, such as our engineer team and clinical team
- You’ll spend time helping other team members debug or fix issues
- You’ll be on a small team and you will be solely responsible for the programs you own
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 15” Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare - join us!