About the Role:
We’re looking for a Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist passionate about women’s health for Tia’s SoHo based clinical team. As Tia’s Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist (PFPT), you’ll play an exciting role in helping shape our new PFPT service line. At the core, you will be responsible for a patient’s journey in PFPT, from intake to exam, and through recommending a follow-on care plan to the patient.
You are an enthusiastic, collaborative, and experienced PFPT with interest in joining our diverse integrated clinical team team to help differentiate Tia’s offering in the market. This experience is an opportunity to help establish a new practice area within the infrastructure and support system of an existing clinic, and will offer you autonomy and independence balanced with a safety net and network of providers in other disciplines. This opportunity is especially exciting for someone who is interested in helping inform the PFPT program’s development at Tia through continued feedback and thought partnership.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide care to a diverse patient population with a variety of pelvic floor conditions, you will receive training and mentorship from a highly experience PFPT practitioner, you will have 60 minute one-on-one appointments with paid admin time built into your schedule, and you will have a flexible part-time work week pending your desired schedule, with the possibility to scale up to full-time in the future if desired. You will also have the opportunity to participate in Tia’s weekly integrated practice learning and development trainings on various interdisciplinary clinical topics.
Values and abilities you’ll bring to Tia:
- Effective working in a multidisciplinary setting
- Practice under Tia’s multiple tools in the toolkit philosophy, making use of the different modalities we have at Tia
- You’re motivated to elevate women’s care by bringing a collaborative and integrative approach to women’s health.
- You believe that each woman knows her body best, though she may need help interpreting what the signs mean. Your mission as a practitioner is to help your clients understand those signs and develop robust, multi-faceted treatment plans to reach health goals, partnering with allopathic medical practitioners to achieve optimum health for all of your clients. You practice this by being a true partner on a patient’s health journey, never dogmatic, rigid or glued to institutions.
- You’re facile with technology and interested in using this technology to support high quality clinical care.
- You are a tolerant and inclusive thinker. You believe in sex-positive, no judgement and radically inclusive healthcare for every person, and espouse these values in your everyday life.
- Demonstrate compassion and composure under pressure
- Working well with relative independence and autonomy
- Manage varying patient load and patient demands
- Flexible to an ever-changing change and fast paced start-up environment
- Openness to mentorship and ability to learn on the fly
- Integrity and confidence in your practice
- You thrive in collaborating with fellow practitioners to drive the best outcomes for your patients
Skills and assets you’ll bring to Tia:
- At least 1-2 years of experience working as a Physical Therapist (PT), ideally with a focus on PFPT, though we will consider new grads if they have completed a full time internship or residency in pelvic floor.
- Strong manual and orthopedic physical therapy skills
- Ability to gain trust and comfort of patient, with respect for obtaining upfront and continued patient consent during exam
- Conducting effective patient assessments to correctly identify pertinent diagnoses, and develop appropriate care plan to address them
- Conducting internal and external pelvic exams
- Active license to practice Physical Therapy in the state of California
- You’re authorized to work in the US
Other “nice to have” skills and assets:
- Highly preferred: prior pelvic floor experience, completion of level 1-3 APTA or Herman & Wallace courses
- As an organization that seeks to create an environment for all women to feel safe, heard, recognized and avowed in their health, bodies and lives, we are consistently seeking practitioners with backgrounds that are meaningfully different from those already forming our team. You bring a diverse background, a range of care experiences in different communities or various modalities.
- Uphold the Tia mission statement & guiding principles of excellent, available, compassionate and holistic medical care
- Cover all baseline care “bases” -- effectively communicating with patients pre or post appointment as needed, execute on patient follow ups and close loop seamlessly and in time-effective manner
- Ensure high patient satisfaction but with a regard for the highest clinical quality
- Understand and support a multiple tools in the toolkit approach
- Work with Tia’s Care Coordinations to ensure scheduling and Patient adherence to ongoing follow-up appointments with Patients as needed
- Escalating clinical concerns to VP of Clinic Operations or others when necessary
- Don’t be afraid to escalate or seek guidance on medical concerns
- Ensure that when gaps or questions arise, they are communicated and followed up on through the appropriate channels
- Be an internal partner to helping establish the new Pelvic Floor PT service line at Tia
- Help participate in synthesizing key patient feedback on their experience during PFPT pilot
- Assist with decision-making on PFPT full-time program design
- Work across disciplines to train and support other providers on the value of pelvic floor physical therapy for patients and understanding when they should recommend PFPT to their patients
- Maintain licensure and appropriate re-certifications
Tia requires that Pelvic Floor Physical Therapists complete credentialing with specified payors and that you authorize Tia to complete this credentialing through our preferred vendors.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Tia training and mentorship opportunities
- 60 minute one-on-one appointments with paid admin time built into your schedule
- Market competitive salary
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.