Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Our company values:
- Health & Wellbeing: We believe that health & wellbeing is a fundamental human need and right. We prioritize the health & wellbeing of our employees and their families.
- Compassion: We believe that compassion is as important as information and care itself. We imbue compassion into our care, leadership, and communication.
- Individual Agency: We believe that every person has a responsibility to enact their agency for the betterment of themselves and others. We encourage all employees to call out problems and advocate for solutions.
- Collaboration: We believe that collaboration engenders creativity and outsized impact more than hyper-specialized or individualistic approaches to solving problems. We believe collaboration fosters different perspectives, experiences, and skillsets.
- Aspirational Thinking: We believe that aspirational thinking leads to higher quality work and transformative outcomes. We encourage all employees to think through problems and reach for solutions that raise the bar.
Role: Partnership Integrations (Sr Manager or Director)
Manager: Chief Product and Operating Officer
Tia’s vision is to change the way women’s healthcare is delivered, while we seek to build a broad platform -- we also recognize that we cannot bring our vision to life alone. We must partner with other constituents across the healthcare ecosystem -- from health systems to payor networks to employers and other healthcare delivery companies. Today, Tia has 2 health system partners, and we’ll seek to scale to 4 by the end of ‘22. In addition, we’re actively evolving our strategy to include other types of partners, and will expect to start bringing on partners of various types over the next year.
About the Role:
This role is all about integrating our partners into Tia. You will sit with our Care Model organization, which oversees clinical services, technology, research, and market operations, and you’ll work cross functionally with these teams to bring our partnership strategy to life.
Your role will start with the legal and finance elements, working closely with the CPOO to build and refine the financial models and identify critical elements of the legal deal structuring to ensure that Tia will live it’s values & commitments in the partnership. Once a partnership is inked, you’ll then build the process to integrate with the partner -- identifying the plan for tech, clinical service integration, marketing, physical space, branding and finance + reporting to support the partnership. You’ll run the process to set up and consistently deliver against the needs for the partnership. You will work side-by-side with our account manager for the partnership. You’ll represent the internal organizations needs and work, while the account manager will represent that of the partner.
In terms of role performance, you will be accountable for partnership satisfaction, delivery against integration goals set out in the partnership, and our ability to win additional deals with our partners. To be successful, you must understand how to be “leveraged” with people’s time -- excellence in this role looks like setting a new standard of communication, efficiency, and collaboration on our teams. The art of this role is getting our team excited to do the work to support the partnership, and delivering with such quality that our partners want to deepen the relationship.
- Virtual: work conducted over phone, email, and video from your home, with the possibility of incorporating an in-person component down the line
- Schedule: to be defined alongside you based on your preferences
- Location: this role will be remote, with a slight preference for NYC
A bit about you:
Values and abilities you’ll bring to Tia:
- You are process oriented but able to traverse ambiguity
- You enjoying building out detailed plans and executing against them -- constantly optimizing along the way
- You are an extremely skilled cross functional collaborator and decision maker
- You thrive in environments that give you a large breadth of exposure to the org
- You’re adept at building financial models, running analyses, building dashboards and managing through metrics
- Cat herding across orgs, when reporting lines don’t ladder into you -- you’re adept at communicating meaning of doing something, building social capital, and driving outcomes through influence
- A strong understanding of how to motivate disparate teams with both carrots and sticks
Skills and assets you’ll bring to Tia:
- SQL / Tableau / mixpanel
- Legal document review, and grasp of joint venture and PC/MSO concepts
- Partner with and support the CPOO in partnership negotiations
- Partner with CPOO to develop partnership “cases” and build out financial models for various partnership opportunities -- spanning health system, payor and employer type relationships
- Develop innovative financial structurings for partnerships and prepare materials for deal negotiations
- Conduct detailed legal document review with CPOO, working with Tia’s external legal counsel and the partnership team to ensure that operational details and financial terms of the deal are reflective of what is required for Tia’s success.
- Partner with the Finance function to share our model details, evolve the model, and ultimately integrate the model into Tia’s broader business strategy and financial plan
- Prepare materials for partnership meetings (eg joint venture BoD meetings)
- Partner with partnerships account managers to ensure that we are able to effectively tell the story of the partnership -- working to develop narrative based on performance (against integration goals, and metrics)
- Be the channel of communication between the broader org and the account manager on the integration process
- Pull data and perform analyses on partnership performance to present in partnership meetings
- Ensure partnership success buy building excellent operational delivery capacity
- Build out unique deployment plans based on the partnership and the requirements for those partnerships
- Work cross functionally to ensure that we are tracking against integration goals, holding various teams accountable to both deadlines and to the quality bar needed for success in the partnership
- Hold a deep understanding of the needs of each team, and what they can commit to from an integration perspective (this means understanding how teams work, and processes unfold across technology development, to clinical service development, protocols, clinical operations, research and market operations).
- Serve as the “deal ambassador” internally to the organization, representing the deal terms, the details of our legal and financial agreements to ensure that internal constituents make the right decisions
- Manage the ongoing performance of partnerships
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13” Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.
We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!