Role Title: Part Time Ultrasound Technician - Los Angeles, CA
About Tia: Tia is a full-stack women's healthcare business that builds products, tools and services to help every woman be her own patient advocate and get meaningfully better healthcare. Our latest product is the Tia Clinic — a "one-stop-shop" for female health with gynecology, primary care and wellness under one roof, and one health record. We’re putting the soul back in medicine, one patient and one provider at a time.
As a mission driven team, we’ve rallied so that patients & providers might be able to experience healthcare with greater satisfaction, less frustration & improved outcomes, which means not just upending operational models, care models and technology, but entirely redefining the emotional journey of each team member as we experience this journey together.
Read more about Tia’s:
- Products: https://asktia.com/article/what-is-product-at-tia
- Services: https://asktia.com/
- Care principles: https://www.asktia.com/care-philosophy/
About the Role: We’re looking for a Part-Time (20-32 hours/week with room to increase hours over time) Ultrasound Technologist passionate about women’s health for Tia’s Los Angeles (Silverlake) clinical team. As Tia Women’s Health ultrasound technologist you’ll be a key component of our care delivery system. You will be responsible for performing scans, effectively managing our patient tracking system, ensuring appropriate scan documentation and patient follow up, and working closely with our clinicians.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) certified by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- OBGYN & Abdomen certified
- Proficient in OB 1st trimester, GYN transvaginal, Abdomen and Small Parts (Thyroid and Soft Tissue)
- Graduation for an accredited school of Ultrasonography
- Part Time (approx 20-29 hours /week)
- Schedule: to be determined with you and the needs of the clinic
- Integrity and confidence in your practice
- Holistic women’s care
- Body literacy
- Be compassionate
- Be driven to achieve excellence
- Make the implicit explicit
- Understands needs of gynecologic patient care, and can effectively translate between symptomology + hypothesis detected by provider and what to “research” in the scan
- Highly organized and process driven to ensure no drops or losses on the patient process
- Detail oriented
- A trained eye to identify abnormalities and effectively leverage both the ordering provider and the radiologist
- Deliver excellent scans while be highly compassionate for the patient’s experience
- Understand the nuances of the billing structure of ultrasound, and effectively deliver service within this system
- Be Clear, concise in communication regarding process and patient care
- Know when to escalate to provider regarding results or other findings
- Ability to closely partner with providers to help drive the holistic understanding of the patient’s case forward
- Excellent scanning skills
- PACs system
- System of communication with tele-radiologst
- Maintaining ultrasound machine
- Perform scans with confidence of craft on patients that are referred from physicians for both cursory and comprehensive scans -- demonstrate compassion for the patient’s comfort with drive to deliver excellence.
- Efficiently and effectively manage an organized patient tracking system to ensure that each patient needing a scan is followed up on appropriately
- Manage the relationship with the radiologist with high integrity, ensuring excellent clinical outcomes
- Appropriately note all comprehensive scans, and send to radiologist for review.
- Ensure that radiologist review is returned to provider, and provider integrates the results.
- Work with the radiologist when a deeper review is needed
- Ensure documentation of scans is excellent, defining what was scanned.
- Ensure documentation is clear for billing purposes
- Review the billed amounts for the various services from radiologist and ensure this syncs with Tia logs
- Educates patients of the cost of scans accurately
- Practice body literacy and holistic women’s care by educating the team on the various findings of ultrasound, how the practice can use ultrasound and the effects of various results
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits and generous paid time off if you work 30 or more hours per week
- Tia training and mentorship opportunities
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.