Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Our company values:
- Health & Wellbeing: We believe that health & wellbeing is a fundamental human need and right. We prioritize the health & wellbeing of our employees and their families.
- Compassion: We believe that compassion is as important as information and care itself. We imbue compassion into our care, leadership, and communication.
- Individual Agency: We believe that every person has a responsibility to enact their agency for the betterment of themselves and others. We encourage all employees to call out problems and advocate for solutions.
- Collaboration: We believe that collaboration engenders creativity and outsized impact more than hyper-specialized or individualistic approaches to solving problems. We believe collaboration fosters different perspectives, experiences, and skillsets.
- Aspirational Thinking: We believe that aspirational thinking leads to higher quality work and transformative outcomes. We encourage all employees to think through problems and reach for solutions that raise the bar.
Role Title: Director, Clinical Recruiting
Manager: VP, People
Role Summary: Partner with the VP, People and Director, Talent Acquisition - Corporate and Tech to conceptualize and bring to fruition the vision for talent acquisition at Tia to support the growth of our IRL (in real life) clinics and URL (virtual care). You will be trusted to develop and execute sourcing strategies to build a strong pipeline of clinicians (think Nurse Practitioners, Physicians, Medical Assistants, Mental Health Therapists and more), drive an exceptional candidate experience all while championing standardization, transparency and inclusion in the assessment process.
You will be instrumental in shaping the hiring process, including how we source and evaluate Clinicians , as well as how we manifest our values through our talent brand. Initially, you will act as an individual contributor managing and prioritizing a high volume of job requisitions to support our expansion from three to fifteen clinics. As you proactively source, attract, and engage with passive talent to bring a consistent pipeline, you’ll also develop an action plan for building out a world-class clinical talent acquisition team to support the Company’s growth across the United States. You will act as a Champion of diversity and culture in all aspects of the hiring process, from content role specs, formulation of interview panels as well as candidate experience.
What to expect in months 1-3: You’ll be joining a small, but mighty team and jumping in head first to begin to build the talent acquisition strategy for our expansion of our IRL and URL care in FY22. You spend time in Tia clinics to develop a deep understanding of our Care Model and what makes a great member experience at Tia. You partner with the Director, Talent Acquisition - Corporate and Tech and the VP, Clinical Operations to understand our approach to recruiting clinicians and will begin to build a scalable and efficient candidate assessment process with the goal of increasing speed and quality in our recruitment process. You work closely with BizOps and Central Operations to understand our FY22 (and beyond!) hiring plan and begin to build out a team to meet target hiring dates.
What to expect in months 3-6: You’re on the road to hiring your team and you have developed a holistic understanding of Tia. You’re building a talent pipeline for our FY22 New Clinic Openings and you’re building and testing new candidate assessment processes. You’ve got a plan to meet target hiring dates for FY22 and you’re beginning to execute against that plan.
You’re the perfect fit if you have previously found yourself pondering:
- How can I systematically measure and quantify the “culture add” dimension of a hire?
- How might I use internal performance data about abilities, skills and values to improve our sourcing process?
- How can I design the most leveraged process for my hiring managers?
- How can I communicate our cultural values to get the right people to opt in, and the wrong people to opt out?
- Find your superpower; help others find theirs
- Ask why, then why again
- Insist on diversity
- Synthesis & connecting dots -- ability to pull together fragmented concepts + cursory “ideas” from hiring managers, leveraging them without excessive input needed to develop hiring plan
- Anthropological reasoning -- ability to understand history / context and let that shape your understanding of the right next step
- Sociological reasoning -- ability to detect sociological constructs easily-- able to use of subjective data to detect patterns implicit behavior, Can operationalize “notional” or “subjective” data into discrete, analyzable units
- Cat herding -- ability to move people and hold them accountable
- Shaping and executing at the same time
- Incredibly high EQ
- High oriented towards the right “design” or process
- Understanding of healthcare talent space
- Launching new operations in new markets
- Deep understanding of recruiting operations
- Managing to metrics
- Cultivating interpersonal relationships
- “Seeing” the essence of someone quickly, predilection for detecting strengths
Build out a recruiting organization
- Bring innovative thinking to developing a world-class talent acquisition engine for new clinic openings across the country
- Use data to evaluate and optimize the current hiring process.
- Mentor a team of recruiters using data as a tool with the goal of developing each member to meet time to fill, quality, and DEI goals while growing lasting careers at Tia.
- Partner with BizOps and Leadership to create comprehensive recruiting strategies in line with headcount projections to ensure that Tia has the right number of recruiters, with the right skills to deliver on proactive, long-term hiring plans.
Lead recruiting strategy and programs
- Work with our VP of Clinical Operations and other relevant stakeholders to build a recruiting strategy for recruiting at scale. You’ll be responsible for answering the question: “how can we run more start candidates through the recruitment process and get to hire, more quickly, across the country, in a candidate’s market, while ensuring hiring manager and candidate satisfaction?”
- Develop and document scalable recruiting processes and effectively communicate any changes across the recruiting team in order to drive consistency in service delivery to the organization.
- Maintain a deep and wide-ranging pulse on top talent and talent pools across the clinical landscape
- Develop strategic partnerships with clinical organizations with the view of developing a future talent pool for Tia’s clinical functions
- Build an transparent, scalable and equitable internal recruitment process for our Clinical Operations team
Make Tia a talent magnet for talent, and center of innovation for effectively assessing talent
- Build an inspiring and inclusive recruitment process for applicants to our Clinical Operations division - internally and externally
- Through innovative means, build Tia’s talent brand to source talent in a more leveraged manner
- In tandem with the people operations team, find ways to infuse our recruiting practices with Tia’s cultural cornerstones & performance management outcomes
- Design and deliver comprehensive interviewer trainings to our clinical operations team that will result in improving quality of hire
- Build recruiting processes which effectively assess not only professional competency but also culture add and to assess a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13” Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!