Manager: Head of Mental Health Services
Role Summary: As a Virtual Mental Health Therapist at Tia, your role in this transformative health-tech company will be instrumental in supporting our collaborative care model by upholding principles of excellent, available, compassionate, and holistic mental health care. You will work as part of a proactive and integrative virtual mental health team alongside our primary care, mental health, and psychiatric service lines conducting one-on-one highly-tailored mental health therapy to address physical, emotional, and behavioral aspects of health. You will also be involved in conducting mental health intakes, safety assessments, crisis interventions and referral services as needed.
About the Role
- This is a part-time role - 15-29 hours/week.
- Work committed hours and maintain a consistent schedule to support your patient caseload
- Provide individual therapy and mental health intakes, developing treatment plans and providing quality services within your areas of expertise
- Conduct safety assessments / support and referrals as indicated
- Attend virtual education meetings as able (or watch video recordings) and stay abreast of new techniques and whole health care
- Engage in group supervision and manager 1v1s
- Complete timely documentation using our custom platform for an accurate and complete medical record
- You will see members and be licensed in at least one of our markets (NY, CA, or AZ state)
- Compassion & understanding that people’s emotions are their reality
- Shared decision-making
- Integrity in patient care
- Holistic patient care
- Personalized care
- Be driven to achieve excellence
- Multiple tools in the tool kit
- Compassionately listen to patient problems
- Adaptability in an ever changing start-up environment
- Clear communication
- Escalating effectively
- Skilled at collaborating cross functionally
- Demonstrate compassion and composure under pressure
- Carry the emotional unload of patients through a full day of patient work without showing the burden to patients
- Problem identification + prioritize them
- Strong knowledge and a deep understanding of mental health therapies and motivation and desire to deliver these services with the highest quality and ethical standards
- Creation of a patient-centered, comprehensive and coherent care plan
- Training in dealing with at least one of the core following issues: depression / MAD, acute anxiety and stress, grief / bereavement, and / or gender and sexual identity, sexual assault / trauma, relationships, eating disorders / body dysmorphic disorder,
- Knowledge and expertise in facilitating extended mental healthcare interventions (ie. referrals and social service resources)
- Training in one of the following areas is a plus: CBT, DBT, motivational interviewing, and/ or mindfulness
Education and Experience
- A current license in mental health (for example - LMSW, LCSW, PsyD, LMHC, LMFT, LPCC etc) in NY, CA or AZ state
- Experience in providing direct mental health treatment
- Experience in overseeing the development of patient-centered treatment plans
- Join a talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Remote role with flexibility to work from home and ability to live anywhere
- No Show Protection - Therapists get paid even when a patient does not show up for their session
- Market competitive salary plus performance-based bonuses.
- Career advancement opportunities
- No required call
- Monthly in-house professional development
- Support team for scheduling
- Continuing education stipend
- Engage in ongoing education with clinical leadership on integrative medicine practices
- Opportunities to participate in research
- Motivated patient population
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!