Tia was born from the realization that the healthcare system is missing just that: a system enabling health & wellbeing. Tia is the answer to the dehumanizing experiences that women of all backgrounds face navigating the healthcare system. We are rethinking the model of healthcare from the ground up – really asking: what does it mean to have a relationship with your care provider? What does it mean to think about your health every day? How can we get back to the basics and also leverage the cutting edge research in women’s preventive care? Tia is the answer to these questions. Tia is a whole new, distinctly female model of care.
We are on a mission to enable every female to achieve their own definition of optimal health through science-backed information, access to high-quality care, and community.
We opened our first clinic in 2019 in NYC, with more to follow in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Phoenix this year. Combining virtual and in-person visits, an unwavering commitment to care and accessibility, substantial growth capital and an incredible mission, Tia is poised for rapid growth over the coming years and is building out a world class team to support this expansion.
Title: Director, Training, Learning & Development
Manager: VP, People
Role Summary: As the Director of Training, Learning & Development is a highly visible role that is charged with implementing strategies to deliver a world class onboarding experience for new clinic and corporate employees at Tia with the goal of maximizing their performance and long term development.
This will start as an individual contributor role where you will lead the analysis of learning needs across Tia and create an action plan that outlines priorities and responsible persons (RPs) for learning strategy. You will play an important role in driving continuous improvement by updating and standardizing existing training materials, leading the implementation and adoption of Tia’s Learning Management System, building processes and developing new training materials to support our growth.
Location: Remote with up to 50% Travel required during clinic openings
What you can expect in the ﬁrst 1-3 months: As you familiarize yourself with the Company, our product, our clinics, our people, our culture and pace, you will learn and understand the needs of the business from a Training, Learning and Development standpoint. You will jump in head ﬁrst to support the onboarding and training of our new Phoenix team, and you’ll begin to observe and document any need for improvements in order to properly plan and implement the rollout of a larger onboarding and training strategy for New Space Openings in FY22. You will begin focusing on onboarding strategy while building out Tia-wide training initiatives focused on our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion action plan.
What you can expect in the ﬁrst 3-6 months: Now that you’ve familiarized yourself with the Company, you will begin to demonstrate progress against your action plan, building infrastructure (technical) and deﬁne hiring needs for your team to support the organization to scale.
Values and Principles:
- Act with high compassion & integrity, and understand that a person’s emotions are their reality
- Find your superpower
- Find joy and gratitude everyday
- Experiment always, despite the possibility of failure
- Practice a meritocracy of ideas
- Act as a pack, not a lone wolf
- Owner mentality
- Culture warrior
- Rallies the troops
- Ability to build a learning and design process
- Strong organizational delivery through teams, and demonstrated delivery of policies and processes
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Open minded & communicative about thinking (not precious, not “because I said so”)
- Interpersonal communication + empathy
- Ability to set a vision - big-picture & strategic thinker
- Creative problem-solving
- Ability to manage and communicate up
- Probing into deeper whys
- Ability to drive cross-functional decisions
- See the forest for the trees -- strong synthesis skills
- Clear communication style - directive and straight-forward
- Incredibly high bar for excellence
- Proven ability to learn from mistakes, ability to reﬂect
- Revels in understanding teams strengths & weaknesses, knows how to orchestrate them
- Proven ability to coach, develop and lead others
- Proﬁciency in core MS/Google Suite (Docs, Sheets/Excel, Slides/Presentation Decks)
- Tech-savvy: willingness to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Customer service skills
- Management of systems and experience/background in LMS systems
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Excellent people management skills, including virtual team management; Ability to manage expectations and relationships with staff, vendors, business partners, etc.
- Facilitation/strong presentation skills
- Advanced communication, inﬂuence and writing skills
- Effective time management
- The ideal candidate come from a retail, hospitality or start-up background that has required them to develop strategies to onboard employees across geographies and job functions and a fast-pace while ensuring training quality
Design the scalable systems, tools, and processes to effectively productize Tia’s delivery of training across the organization
- Lead the analysis of learning needs across Tia (Clinic and Corporate) and create an action plan that outlines priorities and responsible persons (RPs) for learning strategy in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to design and develop scalable new training materials (PPT decks, videos, and e-Learning) on our solutions, processes, programs, and products.
- Design and develop scalable training solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, 1:1 sessions, train the trainer, action learning, and e-learning platforms
- Implement and drive experiential learning with practical applications including “new methods and activities”:
- Research, recommend, and apply learning and development best practices to all training materials, including new methods and activities
- Implement creative training solutions including development of games, role play, q&a, etc.
- Ensure tests have performance indicators of the training outcomes, use these tests to validate which methodologies are most successful in which scenario
- Work with the key stakeholders (i.e.Research, Product, People Operations and Operations) team to create and develop strategic communication plans to ensure streamlined rollout of new training initiatives and materials to the correct audience
- Partner with the New Clinic Opening Team on launching New Space Orientation (e.g. lead facilitator, run of show development, etc). Partner with stakeholders in the development of technical/on-the-job training learning plans to ensure new hires are assessed to validate their readiness.
- Play a leading role alongside Subject Matter Experts in designing and delivering onboarding content for New Space Orientation and new hire onboarding.
Evaluate, implement, and operationalize resources and outcomes of Learning & Development with an ownership mentality
- Partner with key inputters to understand business objectives and consistently translate these into tactical training materials that are aligned with the organization’s goals
- Ensure the effectiveness of trainings through assessments, evaluations, and readiness reviews in order to collect and track data on instructional effectiveness and impact of training on employee skills and KPIs
- Develop a system for training sign-off for patient facing roles which indicates a new hire or newly promoted person is ready to start seeing patients independently.
- Design metrics that link onboarding with performance to determine overall efﬁcacy of onboarding program
- Track usage and, when possible, the effectiveness of training materials and customer satisfaction with training materials. Use feedback to improve training materials and processes.
Build learning and development programs to support Tia’s long-term growth
- Manage learning programs across the organization including on-boarding, orientation, initial training, new-in-position development, leadership development, and ongoing employee skill development that are motivating, inspiring and set the foundation for long-term growth.
- Lead the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of and improved onboarding strategy at Tia to accelerate the development of new Tia-ans (both clinic and corporate)
- Manage implementation and adoption of the Learning Management System, Docebo, across the organization and act as a champion for the system. Work with Subject Matter Experts and training “RPs” across the organization to utilize the system for key training. Champion utilization of the system across the organization.
- Partner with PeopleOps and leadership across the organization to develop learning solutions that promote employee development, engagement and retention.
- Work with the VP, Clinical Operations and other relevant stakeholders to develop rinse and repeat training strategies for clinic to support our growth
- Develop learning plans by role
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on the in the clinic org to develop training strategies to communicate updates to the Tia care model, train on ways of working for our IRL, URL providers, and deliver best in class hospitality training to employees responsible for clinical operations.
- Maintain training library that consists of living, breathing documents of training materials, work with SMEs to ensure that updates are communicated and updated consistently
- Design a system to train more Tia-ans, more effectively reducing the amount of time between hire and in-role productivity.
- Build talent development programs that support individual contributors to become inclusive, successful managers and leaders that are able to set clear outcomes for their people and develop them to have business impact.
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13” Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!