Role Title: Director of Product Design
Manager: Head of Design
Location: SF, LA, NYC
Role Summary: We're seeking a Product Design Director to join our team. At Tia, Design is not a siloed function but a core ingredient that touches every part of the Tia brand, experience, and company.
As the leader of the Product Design team, you will advocate for design and experience and partner with the Product and Care Model team to create product solutions that establish Tia as the most loved and trusted care platform in women’s health. You’ll work cross-functionally to connect the dots between patient and provider needs, business goals, and user needs across platforms — ensuring everything is a connected experience — and you use data to drive design decision-making (and prove outcomes!) You'll be embedded within a team of engineers, product managers, analysts, clinicians, and other cross-functional teammates working to build strong design practices in efforts to bring Tia’s mission to revolutionize and redesign healthcare.
As a senior member of our design team, you'll manage, mentor, and grow our team of passionate and highly skilled product designers. You’ll also be a strong designer across all of our platforms and product design needs — with the ability to “jump in” wherever and whenever help is needed, as well as bring large projects to life.
Join us in our mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, by revolutionizing and redesigning healthcare from the ground up.
- Make something(s) people want!
- Be driven to achieve excellence, but with regard to effort over impact.
- Ask why. Then why, again.
- Make the implicit explicit.
- Experiment always, despite the possibility of failure.
- Find your superpower. Help others find theirs.
- Act as a pack, not a lone wolf.
- Find joy and gratitude every day.
- Ability to connect dots, synthesize information at a high level, and structure ambiguity into applicable models and structures.
- Ability to use a data-driven approach to design decisions — informing, selling through, and communicating value and outcomes with hard quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to "see behind the scenes" of ideas, feedback, and problems to create highly structured, systematic, and effective product experiences that meet business goals and user needs.
- Ability to direct and guide others to make exceptionally high-quality work.
- Ability to generate, follow, and revise processes.
- Ability to understand and build constitutive parts that work together or inter-relate to produce outcomes.
- Ability to identify gaps, holes, and breaks in communication and work collaboratively with any and all members of the Tia team to bridge them — and ultimately lead a team creating work within them.
- Empathy and the ability to attribute, discern and unpack someone else's perspective and motivations and apply that understanding appropriately to experiences, processes, and work.
- Ability to grow, manage, motivate, empower, and lead a team.
- 10+ years of UI/UX or Product Design experience.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- Masters or advanced degree in HCI, Interactive Design, Technology Design, or similar highly preferred.
- Experience working with technological experiences that blend with service experiences creating multi-touchpoint user flows across multiple environments is required.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Adobe Products, or similar tools to create user interfaces for native mobile apps and web.
- Experience creating interactive/motion prototypes using Principle, Framer, Axure, InVision, HTML/CSS, or other prototyping tools.
- Working knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of front-end and/or back-end technologies and database structures.
- Responsive web design experience across mobile and native platforms.
- Thorough understanding of systems thinking and ability to translate complex systems into a simplified user experience.
- D2C experience in a start-up environment is a plus but not required.
- Healthcare, wellness, or fitness experience is a plus but not required.
- High skilled in communication and cross-fx leadership
- Data analysis to inform design decisions
- Developing user testing practices and processes
- User research
- Agile software development processes
- Stakeholder management and strong presentation skills
- Team management and development
- UX, including audits, content strategy, customer journeys, experience maps, flows and wireframes
- Pixel-perfect product design and development and maintenance of design systems
- Prototyping and animation
- Visual design including balance, hierarchy, proportion, color, typography, and use of illustration or visual assets
- Excellent skills in standard product design tools including: Figma, Principle (or other prototyping software), and Adobe, Google suite, Jira, Slack, etc.
- Core Responsibility #1: Lead product design across the Tia tech ecosystem collaboratively and cross functionally
- Collaborate closely with Head of Design, Designers, CPOO, Product Managers, Researches, Clinicians, and Engineering teams to determine, define, design, and implement innovative product design solutions across the entire product ecosystem.
- Deliver high-quality, on-time design solutions that balance cross-functional requirements and input, business goals, user needs, and brand experience requirements.
- Advocate for design and designers as a partners, problem solvers, and key component to business success.
- Present and communicate work and findings clearly, succinctly, and influentially.
- Work collaboratively to develop processes that carve out time to fully develop work — from pixel-perfect design solutions, to low-fi sketches, prototypes, maps and flows, and proofs of concept. You’ll also develop processes that optimize designers' and PMs' day-to-day work, including naming and organization, delivery, metrics, meetings, and team communication.
- Core Responsibility #2: Use data to inform design decisions.
- Develop a methodology for communicating, collecting, sharing, synthesizing, and utilizing data to inform design decisions.
- Develop a practice to learn from multiple audiences across our product ecosystem including non-members, members, providers, and Tia employees to learn.
- Develop a practice that incorporates both quantitative and qualitative collection and comunication.
- As the leader of the product design team, institute this practice as a common and core design methodology to solving for business goals and user needs.
- Core Responsibility #3 Lead, mentor, and build a team of passionate designers.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to more junior designers.
- Work closely with the Head of Design to establish shared design culture, processes, practices, and language.
- Actively contribute to new processes and ways of thinking to an evolving multi-disciplinary team.
- Recruit, interview, and onboard new Product Designers.
- Contribute to building a culture in which designers share knowledge, work, and ideas generously with each other.
- Work closely with the Head of Design, PMs, and the CPOO to continually develop new processes.
- Core Responsibility #4 Build a practice of high quality and systematic craft and efficiency that is uniquely Tia.
- Work to improve tooling systems, solicit team feedback, and implement new tools to help the design team work efficiently and collaboratively.
- Celebrate, maintain, and build upon our existing design library of components.
- Manage the construction of information hierarchies, interactions, states, communication points, components, modules, typography, spacing, and color
- Champion and lead consistency across our various products
- Champion and lead the development of highly unique, brand-building products that define an entirely new and better healthcare experience.
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13” Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!