Role: Security Engineer (Risk)
Tia is the next generation women’s healthcare platform bringing empathy and innovation together to help women thrive. Our ecosystem of products, tools and services — from the Tia app to the Tia Clinics, the real-world gynecology & wellness practices in NYC, LA, and more coming soon — are connected by a unique, human-centered approach to care. Tia encourages honest and transparent conversations about patients’ health, both with their care team and their community of members, to help women make independent and informed healthcare decisions with confidence and ease.
As a fast-growing, cross-functional team, Tia’s core values include:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Individual Agency
- Aspirational Thinking
Details of the Role
- Type of Work: Full-time
- Location: Remote (USA only - No sponsorship at this time)
At Tia we believe that if you want to fix healthcare you have to fix it for patients and providers. Our responsibility is to ensure both patient and provider safety and accessibility.
In this role you will set the direction for our security risk operations, prepare and train Tia for security incidents, help develop and manage our risk operations processes and help implement automations that help ensure we stay in compliance with legislation and internal policies.
You will be responsible for the technical leadership, hands-on implementation and maintenance of security risk operations at Tia.
- You have 3+ years of quantifiable risk management experience
- You have robust knowledge of the security threats and risks and the processes used to quantify them
- You are able to distill complex security and risk topics to stakeholders who may not be familiar with the security landscape
- You have a good understanding of vendor risk management tools and processes and how to use them to develop a culture of security awareness
- You have a good understanding of security incident response tools and processes and how to use them to develop a culture of security awareness
- You have some experience with quantitative methods of managing risk
- Your enjoy collaborating with external teams and stakeholders, their success is your success
- You’re passionate about building automated tasks to help efficiency
- You don’t dwell on mistakes, you own them and use them as opportunities to to learn and grow from
- You are an active voice and listener in a small but focused security team
- No matter how large, small, complex, or mundane the task, you follow through to the best of your ability and persevere through challenges
What You’ll Do:
- Own and manage our internal risk management processes
- Own and manage our vendor risk management processes
- Own and manage our security incident management processes
- Help build our security monitoring infrastructure across our platform
- Develop and manage quantitative methods for identifying risk for our product and clinical teams
- Be a champion of security to stakeholders, team members and outside vendors
Best Parts of the Job:
- You’ll work with a small team that encourages you to learn new things
- You’ll have a wide scope of responsibilities and make impactful change
- You’ll use creativity to solve novel problems and be encouraged to learn new technologies to meet our business goals
- You’ll have an experienced technical manager who deeply cares about your performance and career growth
Worst Parts of the Job
- You’ll have to work with different time zones and environments, such as our engineer team and clinical team
- You’ll spend time helping other team members debug or fix issues
- You’ll be on a small team and you will be solely responsible for the programs you own
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 15” Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare - join us!